Menu
Siegfried
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Problems with connecting to the Virgin email servers

Hi,

I have an iMac and use Apple Mail to access 3 Virginmedia email accounts and I Blueyoner email account. for approx 1 month I have been experiencing problems connecting with the email servers. Sometimes the they connect sometimes they don't connect, sometimes they connect and disconnect. This is happening many times in an hour. When they don't connect it reports problem with password etc. then 5mins later they connect. My Mac is up to date, I also use Bit Defender. Has anyone any idea what I can do?

Regards Siegfried

0 Kudos
Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Problems with connecting to the Virgin email servers

Currently under investigation as per post 32 here: https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Email/POP3-servers-down/td-p/4176504/page/4

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Siegfried
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

H Graham_A,

Thanks for the reply. At the moment I have 3 email accounts 2 virginmedia.com and 1 blue yonder.co.uk

All 3 are currently dropping in and out continually. How long is the investigation likely to take?  Does anyone know?

Is the course of the investigation affected by Covid-19?

Regards,

Siegfried

0 Kudos
Robert_P
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hello Siegfried, 

At the moment we can't give an update on this as the investigation currently still on going. As soon as we have an update we'll let customer know in the thread linked previously.

We appreciate your patience at this time.

Rob

Siegfried
On our wavelength
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi,

I'm now sick and tired of trying to use emails on the iMac and have reverted to using web mail. Really I'm seriously looking for non Virgin options.

Patience almost run out.

0 Kudos