Menu
Queenie47
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Problems sender encrypted emails from NTLWorld account

Up to Thursday I have been able to receive and send encrypted emails from my NTLWORLD account using all of my devices using my encryption app.  Now I can receive but can not send any encrypted emails.  

I’ve been able to send myself one email unencrypted directly from the server on line to another account, but cannot reply to it. I cannot send any emails using outlook from my devices.  I keep getting a message that there is a problem with the email address or password.  I changed the password yesterday as a precaution, and there is nothing wrong with the email address otherwise I could register on the community.  

Is there a problem with the SMTP server or Virgin?

Need urgent resolution as this is impacting my work.

0 Kudos
jem101
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Problems sender encrypted emails from NTLWorld account

If you turn off wifi on your phone and just use 4G, or indeed connect (if possible) to another non-VM wifi network, will it send a message then?

0 Kudos
Queenie47
Joining in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

I’m not using VM WiFi at present for either encrypted or unencrypted emails.  I’m receiving both types but can’t respond using outlook.  I can send and receive encrypted emails using the encryption system on line. 

0 Kudos
用心棒
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

It would be helpful to know what VM error code, if any, is returned by the SMTP server in this situation. Open a Command Shell or Terminal window and enter the following command where username:password is replaced with your email address and password, i.e. richard.branson@virginmedia.com:Y54kpX5g:

curl -v smtps://smtp.virginmedia.com -u username:password 2>&1 | (where findstr && (findstr  "235 VM") || (grep "235\|VM")) 

Post the redacted results here.

0 Kudos
Gareth_L
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hello Queenie47

Thanks for raising your issue on here 

Have you been able to try the advice given above this post

Gareth_L