Menu
BSPN99
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Problem with one additional email address

I’ve recently reset my Windows 10 PC.  I’ve been adding my Virginmedia email accounts to Thunderbird. Most have been added successfully but one failed. The error message is:
“Unable to long in at server. Probably wrong configuration, username or password. “

I have been able to manage the account and change the password but still get the same message. I cannot log onto that account or read its emails on the Virgin website. I have successfully created and set up an extra account.

The problem account is the only email account on my Android phone and working properly.

Will removing the account from the phone help?

0 Kudos
Kev_B
Community Manager (Retired)
Community Manager (Retired)
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Problem with one additional email address

Hi BSPN99,

Sorry to hear the email address isn't working when setting up on your PC. I'm a little concerned that you said you can't login to the account on our website either. What happens when you try to login on the website? Do you get any error messages?

It's possible there may be an issue with the mailbox, which shouldn't be an issue in fixing, we just need to understand the problem better.

Get back to me when you get chance and we can take it from there.

Kev

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos
BSPN99
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for responding.  I am the main account holder and have set six additional accounts all used by myself. After resetting ny PC I succesfully added five accounts in Thunderbird. One account was impossible to add. The error message is "Unable to log in at server. Probably wrong configuration,username or password". I've set up a further account this week and that is OK. 

If I log onto the Virgin site as the main account , I can see the problem account and I can change the password. If I try to sign onto that account or sign into email.I get a "Welcome" screen. After filling that in I get this message.

Oops, something's broken   We're sorry this isn't the page you wanted.
This part of the site isn't working at the moment, but it'll be up and running again soon.
Other parts of the site might be working as normal, so try using the links below to help you find what you want.

0 Kudos
Emma_C
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi BSPN99, 

Very sorry about this. 

So I can help further I'm going to need to pop you a personal message now and grab some details. 

I look forward to hearing back from you soon. 

Thanks 

Emma_C - Forum Team
0 Kudos