Menu
ds82342
Joining in
Message 1 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Probable orphaned email account

Hi,

Could someone from support PM me about reconnecting my orphaned email account?

Thanks!

0 Kudos
HowardML
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Re: Probable orphaned email account

No one will PM you. That is not how this Forum works. This is a community forum. You explain your problem to the VM community (without disclosing personal details like e-mail addresses) and we give advice on how to proceed and if it possible to proceed. If the VM staff need to be involved we will direct your posts to them to help.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Lee_R
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi ds82342, thanks for reaching out and welcome to our community.

When you're referring to an 'orphaned email address.' Do you mean you're a former customer and wish to have access to the email address?  Or do you mean you're an existing broadband customer but the email address is linked to another Virgin Media account?

Regards

Lee_R

0 Kudos
ds82342
Joining in
Message 4 of 9
Flag for a moderator

No, I get forums, it's just that I saw the end result of many of the threads on this issue was someone asking to discuss on PM. I assumed those were Virgin staff, although maybe it was helpful forum members.

Thanks!

0 Kudos
HowardML
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 5 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Good. It is not helpful Forum members who ask for PMs. It is VM staff if they need to. So explain in your case why they might need to. After several exchanges and asking for you to set out the issue we are no further forward today as to what the issue actually is. Lee_R has asked you questions so why not answer them? He is VM staff. I am not. 

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
ds82342
Joining in
Message 6 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi Lee,

I think the latter. My father and mother had linked accounts with separate tariffs. When she passed away, I think he closed her phone/internet account, and then found his own email address had been locked out even though he still has phone + internet himself.

DS

0 Kudos
Lee_R
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 9
Flag for a moderator

I am sorry to hear of your loss, ds82342.

When you're advising this, do you mean that we've somehow had separate accounts at the same property?  Or has your father taken over responsibility of your mother's account when she sadly passed away?

Regards

Lee_R

0 Kudos
ds82342
Joining in
Message 8 of 9
Flag for a moderator

I believe it’s one account, but with some weirdness. They went through all sorts of issues even when both lines and internet connections were active, such as something like one couldn’t get a password reset without the password for the others’ password being reset too.

I’m trying to get hold of a statement from my Dad so that I can understand what’s currently associated with his account.

0 Kudos
Paul_DN
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 9 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi ds82342,

Thank you for reach out to us in our community, I am sorry to hear that your Dad no longer has access to his email since he took over the account.

So I can help further I will send you an invite into a private chat, please click on the purple envelope to accept.

Regards

Paul

0 Kudos