Menu
tc12
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Private messaging

Please can someone advise how to set up private messages in this forum. My fathers forum account is not accepting them it says access denied.

thanks

0 Kudos
Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Private messaging

@tc12 wrote:

Please can someone advise how to set up private messages in this forum. My fathers forum account is not accepting them it says access denied.

thanks

First make sure that Private Messaging is enabled in the profile preferences for your father's account:

private messages.PNG

You can read all about Private Messages in the Community FAQ section here: https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/help/faqpage/title/pm

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
tc12
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

There isn’t the option there? I have looked throughout the account and can’t find anything..see screenshot

tc12_0-1585842009221.png

0 Kudos
Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

@tc12 wrote:

There isn’t the option there? I have looked throughout the account and can’t find anything..see screenshot

tc12_0-1585842009221.png

That looks like the mobile/small screen view of the forum.  In the purple Menu bar above 'Preference options' click on the downward arrowhead at the right of the purple bar.  This should drop down a list of seven options, the sixth of which is Private Messages.  Click on that and you should see the next set of options.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Learn more

tc12
On our wavelength
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

I could kiss you!! thank you this has been so frustrating for the last few days..couldn't find the answer anywhere. Its now working thank you
Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for the virtual kiss. Glad I could help.  Keep safe.