cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Print emails without blank pages

Essex52
Up to speed

Why, when I print emails from virginmedia.com/appsuite do I usually/always get a mostly blank first page and maybe one or two more mostly blank pages further down, instead of them printing out how they look in the app? I find this extremely irritating when I'm printing out email confirmations of my Tesco.com grocery orders!

How can I make emails print out as they appear in the app?

15 REPLIES 15

用心棒
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Which operating system and browser are you using?

Does the preview print resemble that produced by the printer?

-- 
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more
Have I helped? Click helpful.jpeg Mark as Helpful Answer and solved, or use thanks.jpeg Kudos to say thanks

Hi there @Essex52

Thank you so much for your post and welcome back to the forums. 

I'm so sorry to hear that you have faced this issue with your emails printing, and a big thank you to @用心棒 for their help and advise.

Are you able to confirm the device and browser you are using, as well as whether the print preview shows the blank pages? 

Thank you again

OS = Edition Windows 10 Home
Version 22H2
Installed on ‎29/‎09/‎2022
OS build 19045.2486
Experience Windows Feature Experience Pack 120.2212.4190.0

Browser = Google Chrome Version 109.0.5414.75 (Official Build) (64-bit)

Printer = Epson Expression Home XP-452. Print preview is on and when the print previews of the affected emails pop up, yes, they match what actually gets printed.

用心棒
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Is it possible images are causing the issue; to determine if this is the case compare how images are shown in webmail to the print preview

https://mail.virginmedia.com/appsuite/#!!&app=io.ox/mail&folder=default0/INBOX 

This is a screenshot of an Aldi email I received today, taken in Virgin Media email client.

Aldi email screenshot taken in Virgin Media email,client

This is a screenshot of the printout of the same email

Aldi email printout screenshot.JPG

用心棒
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Issue is reproducible but only in Chrome; none of the alternative Chromium browser variants tried nor Firefox have this issue. As the issue is specific to Chrome your options are:

• report to Google — press Shift + Alt  + I and complete form to raise issue
  • when printing select Pages, from drop down list select Customised and enter range of 2- to print second page onwards
  • use an alternative browser
  • use an email client

Thank you.

I did as you suggested and sent a report to Google but I don't hold out much hope of it being fixed anytime soon 😕

I also forwarded one of the affected emails to my Outlook account and sure enough, it printed out fine from there - with no blank first page! But I don't like using the Outlook email client 😞

I then tried the Microsoft Edge browser and signed in to my Virgin Media email account - and the emails still printed out with blank first pages on there 😞 

I then tried the Firefox browser and signed in to my Virgin Media email - and the emails printed out without the blank first page. BUT the email printed in Firefox didn't display background graphics and I couldn't see how to change that without using print using system dialogue? And when I used print using system dialogue, I got the blank first page again!

2023-01-23 Tesco email printed out from Firefox browser.jpg

用心棒
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hopefully when Google fix the issue in Chrome it will be patched in Chromium and as a consequence in other browsers like Edge.

In Firefox's print dialogue window, toward bottom, select Print backgrounds, as highlighted in image following:
2023-01-23.jpeg

CallmeK
Tuning in

I am also experiencing the problem of emails printing in Virgin's Outlook with a blank first page, apart from the email address and date at the top. Has a solution been found, yet, please?