Menu
ChrisNoble
Up to speed
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Primary e-mail Virgin account (@ntlworld) locked - no joy with password reset

I lost access to my NTLworld account this afternoon - the primary mailbox. Changing passwords didn't seem to help.

A very harassed customer service rep on the phone said that 'there is an issue' with the account and she couldn't do anything "is there anything else I can help you with today". On further explanation that   this wasn't really acceptable and a 10 minute pause, she told me that "another team is now looking at this and they will call you back".

Is this plausible, or was she just trying to get rid of me, and is there anything I can do to get my primary e-mail back?

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
jem101
Community elder
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Primary e-mail Virgin account (@ntlworld) locked - no joy with password reset

She was absolutely trying to get rid of you, and no, nobody will call you back.

To be fair to them, the offshore customer services staff probably have less idea with what is really going on than than my cat has,  and as they are incentivised to close as many calls as possible (got to keep those metrics up) you can understand their position.

Not that in any way, shape or form helps you - now I assume that you are still a VM broadband customer as you have tried the reset your password method, I’ll escalate this to a member of the forum team - don’t expect to get a response until tomorrow though.

0 Kudos
Paulina_Z
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Primary e-mail Virgin account (@ntlworld) locked - no joy with password reset

Hi @ChrisNoble,

Welcome back to our Community Forums! Thank you for your post, and I'm sorry to hear that you're experiencing some ongoing issues with your mailbox, and that you did not have a positive experience with one of our agents.

This is not the service we aim to provide, and I'm really sorry about your experience.

Can you tell us what while you completed the password reset, did you change your password to something completely new and waited at least 10 minutes before trying to access your mailbox?

Please let me know, and if this has still not worked, I would be more than happy to look into this issue for you.

Keep us updated.

Thank you,

Paulina_Z
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
ChrisNoble
Up to speed
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Ah - I think the 'at least 10 minutes' might have been the issue. Tried again and put all my devices on airplane mode for 10 mins and that fixed it. 

Thanks for your help - might be worth adding that to the sticky?

Best wishes

Chris

0 Kudos
Lee_R
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for getting back to us @ChrisNoble

I will certainly pass your suggestion on the relevant team.  Remember if you ever need assistance in the future, our fantastic community and forum team are always willing to lend a hand.

Regards

Lee_R

0 Kudos