Menu
SBS
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Pressed red unsubscribe button in blueyonder webmail by mistake

I am a member of a yahoo group and have accidentally hit the red unsubscribe from this list button in an email from this group. I am using blueyonder webmail.  I can’t see any message to the yahoo group unsubscribing me at the yahoo group end but I am concerned that virgin will now block these email from my inbox.  Where can I look in my webmail to ensure that these group messages are not blocked. TIA

0 Kudos
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Pressed red unsubscribe button in blueyonder webmail by mistake

The Unsubscribe from List button sends an unsubscribe email to the list which you can find in your Sent folder; if there is no corresponding email found then you have not unsubscribed.

@ModTeam, maybe a confirmation step is needed when the Unsubscribe from List button is selected?

Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hello SBS, thank you for your post and welcome to our community.

Did you follow the steps to check this that 用心棒 has offered? 

In regards to adding a confirmation step to unsubscribing from email listings, this would be down to the individual email list you subscribe to and wouldn't be something we could add.

Thank you, Emily.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                              

0 Kudos
MissPasko
Knows their stuff
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

It happens in web mail, as set up by Virgin Media.  I've done it occasionally (user error when I mean to look at the images!)

unsubscribe.PNG

Then I have to traipse over to the web service I've unsubscribed from, and re-subscribe.  I sometimes have to remember to do it a few days later depending on how they send their emails, as I might have to wait to miss a newsletter first.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

If you want to say thanks > click 'Kudos'.
Have we solved your issue? > click 'Mark as Helpful Answer'
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

AFAICS webmail generates the Unsubscribe from List button on the presence of a mailto value in the List-Unsubscribe header of the message so adding a confirmation step is within Virgin Media control.

SBS
Joining in
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

This is exactly what I did. Thankfully it’s sorted with the list. My concern was if VM would somehow block future messages from this group but seems they do not thankfully. The
Red button is rather too easy to press.
0 Kudos