cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Poor service now leaving VM !!

unhappy16
Joining in

I hope someone at VM takes the time to read this as its a classic case of "how to lose a long standing and very loyal Virgin customer" due to bad service and broken promises !

Up until recently I was with NTL and then virgin for a total of 21 YEARS which in my simple world makes me a very loyal customer for Virgin , doesnt it?

However , having recently had a problem with my email login, and which to this day is still not resolved, I ended up so Pi**ed off that I decided I had had enough and was not going to be let down anymore and so I cancelled my Virgin service.

In brief I experienced a catalogue of BROKEN PROMISES re call backs that never came, deadlines for action that never happened, lost information re previous contacts with Virgin, online contacts that took forever, and now after approx 3 weeks of trying to get help to sort a relatively simple login issue the issue has still never been fixed.

I feel, and certainly believe, that loyalty of 21 years means nothing to Virgin and they have become difficult and distant from their customers and only really show interest in you if you are a new customer.

I'm so disappointed with VM and now am with an alternative, more competative, supplier with whom I hope to again build a long term relationship.

I hope someone high in authority at VM sees this and bothers to read it and reflects on why they couldnt help such a loyal customer stay with them as again in my little world looking after very loyal customers should be an absolute no1 priority- shouldnt it ?..

Goodbye Virgin

Mr Locke

4 REPLIES 4

carl_pearce
Community elder

@unhappy16 wrote:

I hope someone at VM takes the time to read this as its a classic case of "how to lose a long standing and very loyal Virgin customer" due to bad service and broken promises !

Up until recently I was with NTL and then virgin for a total of 21 YEARS which in my simple world makes me a very loyal customer for Virgin , doesnt it?

However , having recently had a problem with my email login, and which to this day is still not resolved, I ended up so Pi**ed off that I decided I had had enough and was not going to be let down anymore and so I cancelled my Virgin service.

In brief I experienced a catalogue of BROKEN PROMISES re call backs that never came, deadlines for action that never happened, lost information re previous contacts with Virgin, online contacts that took forever, and now after approx 3 weeks of trying to get help to sort a relatively simple login issue the issue has still never been fixed.

I feel, and certainly believe, that loyalty of 21 years means nothing to Virgin and they have become difficult and distant from their customers and only really show interest in you if you are a new customer.

I'm so disappointed with VM and now am with an alternative, more competative, supplier with whom I hope to again build a long term relationship.

I hope someone high in authority at VM sees this and bothers to read it and reflects on why they couldnt help such a loyal customer stay with them as again in my little world looking after very loyal customers should be an absolute no1 priority- shouldnt it ?..

Goodbye Virgin

Mr Locke

I highly doubt it.

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Did you have any issues with your broadband and/or TV service? Or was this just email issues?

Plenty of people take their broadband service from VM but source much better email options elsewhere - be it a freebie email account (from gmail or the like) or your own domain which you have full control over.

Relying on ISP-provided freebie email should only ever be an absolute last resort IMO.

In any case, good luck with your new supplier.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

An email issue, which is the original ntlworld email which VM manages. Obviously if it was a third party email I wouldn't have made any complaint against Virgin.

Hi unhappy16,

Thanks for posting and welcome to our community 🙂

I am sorry to hear you've had some issues with your email account.

Are you able to confirm what's been done to resolve this so far?

What error are you getting when trying to log in?

Alex_Rm