cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Please stop

m00g
Superfast

Can you please ask  OFFSHORE support to stop calling DAILY to ask me if A) I have fixed the email issue or B) if they have fixed it.

It isnt, it hasnt worked for three weeks and seeing as they escalate each and every time they call. why am i NOT getting calls from your CEO, surely the escalation has hit that desk by now 😕

69 REPLIES 69

m00g
Superfast

It would be interesting to know how many of us there are, i have noticed VM are doing stuff to their website which in my non expert opinion is making navigating your account even harder than it previously was.

I wonder if the guy tinkering has mucked up lots of stuff including email... wouldnt surprise me.

I see the post police are active, stop (re)moving my posts it isnt appreciated.

So today I have had Second Line call and inform me its fixed, I have also had a PM on here telling me its fixed.

So i have tried Chrome and Firefox from my laptop, my desktop, my phone. Each time i have cleared cache and cookies and used a private browsing session.

I have also tried from my Helsinki based server, again clearing cache and cookies and using a private browsing session. I have Ubuntu on my offshore server and have tried Thunderbird email client.

ITS NOT FIXED.

Why dont VM put their hands up and state publically they cannot fix this issue.

My advice to others is simple, NEVER rely on the email provided by your ISP no matter who they are. Email is not a core service of VM and as such they dont really care if it works or not. If changing your password does not fix the issue then they appear to be lost and scratching their heads.

If second line IT cannot fix this, whats the next tier to get involved???

Ok, so today at 1010am i get a call from an engineer who is on his way round I ask him "why?" and his reply is "I dont know.....there is nothing on the job sheet". I explain (yet again) what my issue is and his reply "thats something only CS can fix"

We are now wasting a valuable resource, Engineers, to look at what is an email server administration issue which they can do nothing about.

I bet there is some poor soul out there waiting on an engineer visit for something he can fix.

Again, pathetic.

Friday i asked for a call back from a manager (senior) and was advised this would happen between 8am and 12pm TODAY.

Turns out the advisor who booked this appointment actually booked the Engineer visit instead.

This is typical of late with VM CS, offshore advisors do not understand us as much as we do not understand them.

Poor poor customer service, no ownership, calls disconnected when its something theyhavent a clue about.

I know i am NOT the only person who gets frustrated with this, I am also sure that frustration abounds when users have to repeat themselves to every single operator who answers the call.

Questions asked dont get answered, mainly because each department is so siloed in its approach and cannot talk to other departments to impart the issues as they get lost in translation, the engineer visit rather than a call from a manager is an example.

Call faults and you get a scripted response that usually ends up with advisor wanting o talk about your WiFi, call retentions and ask for a manager and you get put through to faults and thus the roundabout continues.

VIRGIN MEDIA you have failed in almost twelve weeks to fix the seciondary account, during that time you messed up the Primary (now fixed) so please BE BIG ENOUGH TO PUBLICALLY ADMIT FAILURE.

I received an email today regarding KMM88027860V307L0KM, I have no idea as to what fault this is referring to.

Can someone please clarify as it states nothing as to which issue i am currently experiencing.

Hi m00g,

Thank you for your post. I can see that you are currently in conversation with my colleague Serena over PM. She will be able to respond to your last message as soon as she is able to 🙂

Kind regards

Beth

This post was meant to go in "Managing Your Account" as a new post reagrding an email i received from VM today, please explain why this is under "Please Stop" thread when this is an account query??

OMFG

I have just gone through all seven email addresses I currently have of the ten I could have.

It appears this email issue with the secondary email boxes has spread or is spreading. There is now a SECOND secondary account email that cannot be accessed and throws up the same error "mailbox unavailable".

Before you ask, yes i have attempted the legendary fix of changing password, i have checked via CHROME, FIREFOX on laptop AND PHONE, I have also tried via THUNDERBIRD from my offshore server.

Please explain why we are losing access to our mailboxes?? This issue is widespread amongst users and you get daily reports of boxes failing.

So i now have TWO boxes I cannot access, get your act together or stop offwering email as a service!!

For anyone following this thread, guess what......... its still not fixed although I have now TWO boxes (both secondary) not working even after password change.

I do, however, have a forum team member looking at this and second line, oh thats been the case since the start LOL