Menu
Angsi
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Please help me get access to an old account

I’ve had a letter from a company informing me that they need me to sign into my old account or they’ll start charging me for having it. 
They’ve got an old ntlworld email address for me. When I put in the password for that it’s not recognised. So I need to reset the password to the old account which I can do, but the information will be sent to the old email address which I no longer have. Please can someone tell me how to open it up for this purpose? 

0 Kudos
Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Please help me get access to an old account

First, are you sure the letter is genuine and  not a phishing attempt, was it delivered through the Royal Mail postal service or was it an email?

The VM forgotten password route does not send a reminder email, instead it goes through a series of security steps to ensure you are the VM broadband customer authorised to access the account.  Provided you can clear those steps it lets you set a new password for the account.  This does not require an exchange of emails.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Angsi
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Thanks Graham 

Definitely a genuine email. I’m certain of that. I did long ago have an account with the company using that email address. 
I tried to reset my password on on the site using the old ntlworld address. It tells me I can get a PIN and they will call the number they have on file, I then have to enter that PIN when prompted. The screen  shows me telephone number that was registered at the time. That telephone is at least 5 years out of date. We moved over five years ago and left virgin long before that. I wonder if there’s a way that I can verify who I am and get access to that account. I only need it for a very short time.  

0 Kudos
DJ_Shadow1966
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hello

I am afraid that as you are no longer a VM Broadband customer the support staff cannot give you access to the email address, normally the email address is deleted after 90 days when you have left, and cannot be reinstated after that time.

Regards Mike

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks