cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Password resets

Shezrab
Tuning in

My blueyonder email address has for years been blocking password reset emails from coming in.

I have checked spam bin and filters and I cannot see how to resolve this

I normally have to phone customer services and ask for there help in resetting my passwords

1 REPLY 1

coenoby
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Shezrab wrote:

My blueyonder email address has for years been blocking password reset emails from coming in.

I assume that you are referring to the confirmation email that you receive when you reset the password on one of your non VM online accounts, such as Amazon for instance?

In all honesty resolving issues of the non receipt of emails from certain senders can really only be resolved on a case by case basis.

That's partly because there are so many potential reasons why emails fail to arrive.  Also, in order to narrow down what's happening and decide how it can be fixed usually needs some information from the sending company such as any error messages they receive when they try to send to you, or details from their outgoing email logs.

Are you missing any other emails or is it just password reset confirmations?

A couple of things you can check in your Webmail account:

Sign in from here https://mail2.virginmedia.com/ 

1) Then go to your VM spam filter settings and make sure they are NOT SET to "reject all spam". If you are using that setting it would mean that if VM has flagged an incoming email as spam you would never see it. The ideal setting is "Move message to Spam Folder".

spam settings.png

2) I would also suggest that if you have set up any Filter Rules at all that you disable them for the time being and see if any future confirmation emails come through. The reason I say that is manual filters often misbehave or act in unexpected ways and catch genuine emails.

Coenoby

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media.

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks