cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Password reset links expire immediately

wilfp12
Joining in

Hi,

I'm trying to access my Virgin Media account and need to reset my password in order to do so.

Every time I request a password reset, the link sent to my email address immediately takes me to a page which tells me:

Link expired!

The link in the email we sent to -my email address- has now expired.

You'll need to request to reset your password again.

Please could you advise as to how to change my password as this seems to not be working.

Thank you

4 REPLIES 4

用心棒
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

If a sub-address is being used, i.e. johnsmith+sub-address@gmail.com then this is a know issue and impacts any email service supporting sub-addressing.

Any temporary workaround to avoid having to create another email address is dependent on the email service, for example exploit Dots don't matter in Gmail addresses - Gmail Help, i.e.

-- 
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more
Have I helped? Select Mark as Helpful Answer or 🖒 Kudos to say thanks

wilfp12
Joining in

Hi,

This isn't a sub address and is my personal address.

If I were to use my email address with dots included, would that still be linked to my account?

Many thanks

用心棒
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Issue has been flagged to the forum team as they are best placed to help further.

FYI the dots solution is only a workaround to avoid having to use a sub-address or create a new email account so is not applicable to the issue being experienced (AFAIK)

Tom_W1
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @wilfp12 thanks for your post here although we're sorry to hear of the concerns you've raised here.

Please allow me to send you a PM so I can look into this further for you.

Kindly expect the PM to arrive shortly and respond directly when you can!
Many thanks

Tom_W