cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Password recovery question main log in does not work

legacy1
Alessandro Volta

So first let me say I CAN login fine (or was) I was just testing this.

I now have a ghost Email now that I changed to VMO2 login with a 3rd Email which I don't fully get but OK. And now this ghost Email that was my mail Email for login you can not set your own password and have to use the App password which I don't like.

What I find odd is I have changed by main Email login yet other Emails by VM not my main one if I go and change password it then takes me to “Before you verify your identity, we need you to change your sign in email address to one that isn’t from Virgin Media. Otherwise, if we send the code to your Virgin Media email address you might not be able to access it.” like what for the main login OK but this other emails for VM?

I think there is a problem that we will never hear about why VM are really doing this.

Anyway back to the main question at hand let say I forget my password on my main login I put in my 3rd party Email it sends a Email ok what if you can't access that Email well there is a recovery question option yet at no point does it ask this only send a Email.

Its like VM want to pass the bucket for if you forget password and disabled Password recovery question on main login

---------------------------------------------------------------
5 REPLIES 5

Paul_DN
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi legacy1,

Thank you for reaching out and for your above query, this isn't something we have an answer to at the moment, I have reached out to try to get some further information for you.

Once I hear anything I will reach back out.

Regards

Paul.

Paul_DN
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Legacy1,

I have received an answer, 

for customers that still have an email mailbox linked to a My Virgin Media login, they only still need to use the Virgin Media email address and the separate app password with email apps, if they only use a browser then they login using the updated My Virgin Media username and password and don't need to log in again to access the Virgin Media Mail inbox through webmail.

if you can't access the third-party email address when doing a password reset, then our support teams can still reset the password - it does say this on the reset password pages:

If you haven’t received the email just yet:

Wait 10 minutes. Sometimes emails take a little while.
Check your spam or junk folder.
After 10 minutes, re-send the email using the button below.

Resend password reset email.

Still not received an email? Please get in touch where a member of the team will help you reset your password.

Regards

Paul.

legacy1
Alessandro Volta

Not that this answered everything but still what the point in Password recovery question if you are no longer being asked this now that I changed my login in Email to 3rd party for when I forgot my password?    

Screenshot 2023-12-23 093352.png  

I will pass on the feedback @legacy1 

Let me know if you need help with anything else.

Ayisha_B
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

legacy1
Alessandro Volta

Thanks

I do find it odd why your asking people to change from a Virgin Media Email to 3rd party and you can't switch back the only reason I can come up with is you wish at some point to no longer do Email as a service?