cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Password lost, secreet

Lenzar
Tuning in

After being hacked and quickly changing my account password (I'm no longer with VM but still like to check my email just in case I forgot to migrate something across), my Chrome didn't update my account password. 

I accidentally logged out on Chrome, and now I can't remember the new password I set. This wouldn't be a problem, but VM's insistence on using the archaic 'secret question' method to allow me to change my password - I have long forgotten what I put as my secret answer having never needed this information in the 7 years since I set it up. The next screen asks me for ridiculously specific information about my last bill, again information that I've long since forgotten.

I tried asking over LiveChat but I could only speak to a bot that constantly asked me what router I'm using - I haven't got any kind of service from Virgin anymore.

How can I reset my password without knowing this information?

2 REPLIES 2

Ayisha_B
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @Lenzar,

Welcome to our Community Forums and thanks for your post. 

I am sorry to hear you're having some issues accessing your email account. 

Just to let you know, if you no longer have a broadband service with us, the mailbox is usually deleted after 90 days. 

I'm going to pop you a PM now so we can confirm some more details and take a closer look into this for you. 

Please keep an eye out for the purple envelope icon in the top right hand corner of your page for my message. 

Many thanks

Ayisha_B
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Sololobo
Superstar

If you're still within the 90 day cancellation period (the period in which your email account should still available to you) then Virgin Media should be duty bound to reinstate your email access.

If you are beyond the 90 day period then don't expect much assistance.

It's What I Do.
I Drink and I
Remember Things.

Only mark a post as helpful if your issue has been resolved.