Menu
Owleyes
Joining in
Message 1 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Password issues

I am unable to access my emails. It says your mailbox is not available at the moment please retry in one hour

i have reset password with virgin 3 times but doesn’t work it’s been handed to the IT dept who have not called as was informed. Called again told I’d have to wait 7/8 days! 
can someone please tell me why it’s going to take that long 

thank you 

0 Kudos
HowardML
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Re: Password issues

We can fill in some of the detail for you. VM have locked your mailbox because they have detected illicit activity on your account, that you can't see. Malicious actors have gained access to your password and are using that and your email address to send spam. A password change is a prerequisite for unlocking your mailbox. As you have had an IT ticket raised the staff here can check the status for you. However there are lots of these issues and it can take time to get the resolved. 7 days or so is not untypical. 

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Owleyes
Joining in
Message 3 of 9
Flag for a moderator

can you reset my password please and tell me why it happened 

0 Kudos
HowardML
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Have you read a word of the explanation my post? Your IT ticket will be processed and your mailbox unlocked in due course. You don't need a password reset. You've done that. And as for the reason the mailbox was locked, I've told you why. And please remember that this is a community forum. The vast majority of responses will come from other VM users like me. The staff here will only intervene when necessary and in turn.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Owleyes
Joining in
Message 5 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi

There really is no need to get ratty with me! Your message hadn’t come through or I’d not have asked the question!

ive read your first reply and understand. 

Thank you for your patience

HowardML
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 6 of 9
Flag for a moderator

I'll given you that one - sorry! I'll keep an eye out to make sure your thread isn't overlooked so the Team can check on the status of your IT ticket.

Owleyes
Joining in
Message 7 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Thank you I do appreciate your help 😊

0 Kudos
Zoie_P
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi Owleyes, 

Thanks for your reply, I have found your it ticket and they have suggested enabling your mailbox, I can do this for you 🙂
I will pop you over a private message and we can go from there just keep an eye out for the purple envelope 

Zoie

Owleyes
Joining in
Message 9 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Omg that’s amazing sweetie thank you so much xx

0 Kudos