Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Password change to My Virgin Media login affected email

Hi,

24hrs ago I had reason to login to 'My Virgin Media' on Virgin Media's website.

It could easily be a year since I've done that and I couldn't remember the password so changed it.

Later that afternoon, Outlook 2010, running on a Windows 7 Pro PC, starts popping up password prompts for one of my email addresses and constantly fails to connect to my email server.

After much hair pulling, as a last resort, I thought for a laugh I'd change the password for that email address within Outlook to the password I changed yesterday on the website because that was literally the only thing I could think of that I changed and lo and behold, that email address is now connecting fine.

So apologises if this is a stupid question but how does a password change on the VM media website also change the password on one of my email addresses - how are those two things linked ?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Password change to My Virgin Media login affected email

Hello

Was this your primary account ?

If you change the login to your primary login account to the My Virginmedia then it will also change the primary email address password.

Regards Mike

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi Mike,

Many thanks for your quick reply.

The short answer is I'm not sure if it's my primary account, I have a couple of legacy (for want of a better word) email addresses from NTL days, altho still well used, the problem was with one of those addresses.

I do have a virginmedia email address that I rarely use, is it possible to make that a primary account instead for the purposes of logging into the my virgin media website?

Nick 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

@thetcutkid wrote:

Hi Mike,

Many thanks for your quick reply.

The short answer is I'm not sure if it's my primary account, I have a couple of legacy (for want of a better word) email addresses from NTL days, altho still well used, the problem was with one of those addresses.

I do have a virginmedia email address that I rarely use, is it possible to make that a primary account instead for the purposes of logging into the my virgin media website?

Nick 

No it isn't - the primary account cannot be changed.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks