Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

POP/SMTP IS NOT WORKING?

I normally check my emails with MS Outlook. Since this morning, my blueyonder email address does not work for incoming email, it means that I cannot receive my blueyonder emails with MS Outlook. Outgoing emails are OK. Are there any problems on POP/SMTP for blueyonder email addresses at Virgin?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Super solver
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: POP/SMTP IS NOT WORKING?

@hiromi wrote:

Are there any problems on POP/SMTP for blueyonder email addresses at Virgin?

What I can say is that I have just checked my Ntlworld.com Virgin address using Outlook via POP3 and that works fine.

What error message are you seeing in Outlook and is the problem just with incoming emails or are you also unable to send emails?

You need to check the email account settings in Outlook. Here is a good 'how to' on the subject https://support.microsoft.com/en-gb/office/change-or-update-email-account-settings-in-outlook-for-wi... These days I use the Control Panel option.

You need to make sure you are using the recommended servers and port setting settings  as set out here. Note that you should be using the virginmedia.com servers for your blueyonder address rather than the old blueyonder.co.uk ones. VM stopped commending them 3 or 4 years ago

MAP4 Settings 

IMAP4 server name

imap.virginmedia.com

IMAP4 SSL                

Enabled

IMAP4 port                 

IMAP4 authentication

Enabled (or 'Password' on Macs)

IMAP4 username        

Full email address, for example, richard.branson@virginmedia.com

Note: If you update your username in My Virgin Media, this email address will not change.

IMAP4 SPA (Secure Password Authentication)       

Disabled

POP3 Settings

POP3 server name    

pop3.virginmedia.com

POP3 SSL

Enabled

POP3 port                 

POP3 authentication

POP3 username        

Note: If you update your username in My Virgin Media, this email address will not change.

POP3 SPA (Secure Password Authentication)       

Disabled

SMTP Settings

SMTP server name    

smtp.virginmedia.com

SMTP SSL

Enabled

SMTP port                 

SMTP authentication

SMTP username        

Coenoby

• Add to Phrasebook

• No word lists for English -> English...

• Create a new word list...
  • Copy
I am just another Virgin Media customer.
If someone posts a useful reply you can say thanks by clicking on the thumbs up sign in their post.
If someone posts a message that solves your problem it helps everyone if you mark their post as a Helpful Answer
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hello hiromi

Sorry to hear you have been having issues with your email 

Can I ask if you are still an active customer with us 

Are you able to send and receive emails by webmail?

Gareth_L

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Sorry to late for reply.  For a while the service came back (it means I can send and receive with this blueyonder email address) but again is stopped.  Now again I cannot reveive emails with this blueyonder email address and error message shows the error code 0x800CCC0F. I don't have any problem for sending email. 

I'm still an active customer of Virgin media.  I can log in webmail with this blueyonder email address and no problem for sending/receiving emails by using webmail. 

Do you have ani idea why I cannot receive emails with MS Outlook with my blueyonder email address?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Super solver
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

@hiromi wrote:

Do you have ani idea why I cannot receive emails with MS Outlook with my blueyonder email address?

Unfortunately that Outlook error only gives a vague indication of the problem:

0x800CCC0FConnection closed.CONNECTION_DROPPED

One reason for it could be authentication issues.

The first thing to check is the settings in Outlook. Use the Microsoft support link that I gave you in my first post to see how to do that using Windows Control Panel. The server names and ports are also set out in my first post. Note you should be using the virginmedia.com servers and port numbers not  the old blueyonder.co.uk ones. (Still use your full blueyonder email address and password.)

Follow these steps to make sure you have the correct ports and encryption type:

Get to the "Change Account" screen which looks like this;

change account.png

Click on "More settings" takes to to the next screen where clicking on the Advance tab will give you this:

Advance tab.png

Double check that the settings are as per those circled in red particularly that the box  against  "the server requires an encrypted connection" is ticked. Then click "OK"

Coenoby

I am just another Virgin Media customer.
If someone posts a useful reply you can say thanks by clicking on the thumbs up sign in their post.
If someone posts a message that solves your problem it helps everyone if you mark their post as a Helpful Answer
0 Kudos