cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PASSWORD PROBLEM

AlexM271
Joining in

My wife's email stopped working about 6 days ago, A ticket was raised and someone called this evening and the problem was fixed (Hurray)

Problem now is she cannot change the virgin media login password set up by the help team to a more secure one only known to her. I have read various efforts of resolution on the forum and none appear to work.

The website offers avenues to change but they either don't work or keep going round in circles.

Would appreciate any working solution thanks 

7 REPLIES 7

Steven_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hey AlexM271,

Welcome back to the community and thanks for taking the time to post.
I’m sorry to hear of the issues that your wife is having with her email account. Are you trying to change the password by logging into the My Virgin Media account for that particular email address?

Kind Regards,

Steven_L

Hi Steven. to access webmail via my virgin media. Virgin changed the password to allow her access to her emails due to the previous password and login repeatedly failing to being recognised. She can access the website currently but that is by using the password created by Virgin. looking for a process that allows her to create her own secure and private password, thanks. 

Hi @AlexM271,

Thank you for clarifying the situation a little further. Do the details listed here help at all in resetting the password?

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!

Hi Zach. Many thanks for that. There appears to be an option that may resolve this. Cant try it however until later when my wife comes home. Will update you later. Many thanks again

Hi @AlexM271,

No problem at all. Let us know how you get on either way and we'll proceed from there with this.

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!

AlexM271
Joining in

Hi. My Wife tried to reset the the password from the link provided but it said she could not as she didnt have enough details on the account???

She was instructed to contact virgin media by phone for assistance. As the account holder this would be me and would take me back to where it all began. very frustrating and annoying to be honest. Surely it must be simpler, I never remember it being this difficult previously. So again, any help would be appreciated. Thanks

Hello AlexM271.

Thanks for bringing this to our attention.

Apologies that you are back to square one with the password.

Would you like me to take a look into this for you?

If you don't mind, I will need to send you a private message to pass security. 
If you can check your logo at the  top right of your screen that would be great. 
Regards     
Gareth_L