Menu
Starann17
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Ox app login

Windows 10 PC. When I try to log on to my email account (@ntlworld.com) I get an ox app log in screen I cannot get rid of. I have looked at previous references to this but they don't seem to apply. Just one thought, I have installed Avast security software, is this the culprit? Thanks

0 Kudos
用心棒
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 10
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Ox app login

If the issue does not occur when using your web browser's Private / Incognito mode (Ctrl + Shift + P or Ctrl + Shift + N) then deleting Virgin Media cookies should resolve the issue when in default mode.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more
Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Starann17
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 10
Flag for a moderator

I thought the incognito bit had worked, but I'm back to the Ox app again. I can't find how to delete Virgin media cookies.

0 Kudos
用心棒
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 10
Flag for a moderator

To delete specific cookies in Chromium based browser:

1. On your computer, open Chrome.
  2. At the top right, click and then Settings.
  3. Under Privacy and security, click Cookies and other site data.
  4. Click See all cookies and site data.
  5. At the top right, search for virginmedia.com.
  6. click Remove all shown

Source: Clear, enable, and manage cookies in Chrome
Starann17
On our wavelength
Message 5 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Thank you so much for your help. It looks like problem solved. 

0 Kudos
Starann17
On our wavelength
Message 6 of 10
Flag for a moderator

I spoke too soon, next time I went to Virgin emails up popped the OX app again. I tried the back arrow, and it goes back to the email page,which then keeps flashing up and going off again. Have to reboot, and the whole thing starts all over again. Oh dear.

0 Kudos
coenoby
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 7 of 10
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

@Starann17 wrote:

I spoke too soon, next time I went to Virgin emails up popped the OX app again.

So was that after you had deleted the cookies in Chrome?

If so, I would suggest you try using a different browser to see if that resolves the problem. If it does you might consider uninstalling Chrome and then doing a fresh install.

Windows 10 comes with Microsoft's Edge browser which is good, or you could download and install Firefox from here. https://www.mozilla.org/en-GB/firefox/new/  

If you decide to stick with one of those it is easy to export  your bookmarks from Chrome, https://www.wideanglesoftware.com/blog/how-to-export-bookmarks-from-chrome.php 

Coenoby

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Starann17
On our wavelength
Message 8 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Thank you, I have moved over to Microsoft Edge as my browser and will see how things go. It comes up with Bing when I do a search, is that right? I did manage to export my bookmarks/favourites over. I am no expert with current technology, despite having been a computer operator in 1970, and using technology in all of my jobs since, the workings of PCs and phones have moved faster than my knowledge. Should I still uninstall and reinstall Chrome? Do I still need it if I get on OK with Edge?

0 Kudos
Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 9 of 10
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

It is a matter of personal choice really.

MS Edge uses the same open source software that Chrome does so they are very similar.

You can change the default search engine in the MS Edge settings if you prefer an alternative to Bing.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Learn more

coenoby
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 10 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Just to add to what Graham has posted:

How to Change Search Engine in Edge

1. Open Edge browser and go to Settings by click on the three dots from the top right corner of the window.
  2. Open "Privacy, search, and services" from the left to open the privacy page.
  3. Scroll down to the bottom Click on the "Address bar and search" option.
  4. Select the search engine other than Bing from the "Search engine used in the address bar" drop-down menu

Coenoby