cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Outlook password probelms

4romsey
Joining in

I recently changed my virginmedia email password.  It no longer works in Outlook or Mailbird.  It does work on virgmiedia web page.

I have checked all the settings as on Virgin site and entered new passowrd and still no luck.  

Any help appeciated

3 REPLIES 3

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@4romsey  If you have recently changed the password for the My Virgin Media account associated with this email address you now have to generate an app specific password to use in order to access the email address via a third party email client.
App passwords are generated by logging into your My Virgin Media account> Account Settings> Account Details> Mailbox app password management.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Please read the FAQs
Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

4romsey
Joining in

Hi Graham I have creates an App password, but what do I do with it now to enable Outlook to work with the password change.  

Thanks Bill

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

You enter the new app password into the password field in Outlook settings for the email address concerned.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Please read the FAQs
Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks