Menu
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Outlook not saving password

I was having issues with Outlook 10 not saving my password (only been happening about 3 weeks).  I tried all the things on the internet with no luck.  So I have upgraded to outlook office 16, but still getting the same problem.  When I go to account settings the password is not in the box and I have to type it in and box is checked to remember password.  I have changed my password in web mail as this was one of the solutions I found online, but it has not worked.  Also in the web mail I do not seem to have a profile now to try and change it back to the original password.  When I click on my profile there is no account there to change the password.  Not sure if i am being thick with the web mail part but i feel the password issue is something to do with the web mail password.  My outlook is connected to pop3 server. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: Outlook not saving password

Hey andyroberts,

Sorry to hear of the issues that you've been having with Outlook.

Are you still having these issues with your email?

If you want to change your password for your primary email account, you can do this by changing your online account password as your primary account uses the same password as your online account.

Regards

Steven_L

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

thank you for some reason in my profile for your web mail it is my sons hotmail email address not my blueyonder one any idea how I can get to view my email in the profile?  I still get my emails on the webmail!!!!!!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

is that on your online account andyroberts?

Is your email address the primary email address for your account?

Regards

Steven_L

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

no I have a blueyonder account through outlook but when i sign into webmail there is now nothing in my profile re any email address my sons hotmail account has now disappeared!!!!!  the andyroberts is my forum user name 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Please can you log into your webmail account and on the left there should be an option to add that says add email account, if you click on this it will let you add another account to your webmail by entering the email address and your current password.

Regards

Steven_L

Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

@andyroberts wrote:

no I have a blueyonder account through outlook but when i sign into webmail there is now nothing in my profile re any email address my sons hotmail account has now disappeared!!!!!  the andyroberts is my forum user name 

Forget about webmail for the moment.  You need to check what email accounts are listed in your My Virgin Media account.  Click this link and sign in with your primary username and password: https://my.virginmedia.com/

Once logged in click on the My Profile tab and check the email address in the My details section and further down the page under Virgin Media Mail.

Then click on the Manage accounts tab and check was secondary accounts are listed.

Password changes for any of the accounts are made through these screens not via webmail.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks