Menu
RennyDan
Tuning in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Outlook not receiving NTLworld email

Hi all, So since 10th May i dont appear to be receiving any emails on my laptop through Outlook.

I have an ntlworld.com email and emails are received fine on my iphone. Looking through posts on the boards it appears a number of people are seeing issues but they seem to be more around autheticating or dialog pop ups wehen sending. Please help!

To sum up

• SInce 10th May no received emails in my outlook application on laptop
  • Laptop is however able to send out
  • Iphone is receiving emails without issue
  • I have checked password setting within the email account
  • I have checked all the imap settings
  • my IP is not appearing in spamhaus website (have seen this mentioned in other posts)
  • I have checked webmail and emails are appearing fine in there

Any support greatly appreciated

0 Kudos
MissPasko
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: Outlook not receiving NTLworld email

The outlook client and the phone client work the same way, and your webmail is fine, so it not an account issue.  If I were you, I would delete the address from the Outlook programme and set it up from scratch.  As you are using IMAP, you shouldn't lose anything by doing this.  Maybe even reinstall Outlook.

https://www.virginmedia.com/help/virgin-media-mail-how-to-use-email-with-mail-clients

If it still doesn't work, can you post a screenshot of your settings but block out any personal information.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ *\o/* ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ *\o/* ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ *\o/* ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ *\o/* ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
RennyDan
Tuning in
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for the response - Will try a fresh reinstall this week. Regarding the existing emails - i have many (many) years of emails stored in this so as you say i "should" be able to regain them?

0 Kudos
MissPasko
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

IMAP is a mirror of what is on the VM server, and synchronises every time you log in.  So if you have only the VM emails in outlook - nothing from another email address, nothing from long ago stored in it, then it will just synchronise again when you start.  If you are worried, you can make a backup.  I have seen this post recommended:

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Forum-Archive/Backing-up-your-Emails-One-of-many-solutions/m-p/...

But you do backups anyway, right?  Because VM sure don't (read the T&Cs) and I'll bet any other free email providers don't either!  Who would have the server space for that.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ *\o/* ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ *\o/* ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ *\o/* ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ *\o/* ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

RennyDan
Tuning in
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Ok next question!

So i needed to remove account and reinstall. This seems to have resolved the issue of receiving mail which is great 🙂

However there are a number of folders I had previously created that are either not syncing or even appearing. On my iphone i have all the folders present and correct - but when i log onto the webmail it doesnt have all the folders. Is there anything i can do to ensure the webmail/ laptop outlook has all the folders i originally had?

0 Kudos
MissPasko
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Sorry for the delay - I had to sleep on this one!

If the folders are on your iPhone, they should be in webmail (AFAIK).  When signed into webmail - what browser are you using?  Make sure you aren't zoomed in - that can affect the options you see on some pages.

Personally created folders show down below the automatic folders - look for MY FOLDERS.  You need to click on the arrow to get them to show.  This picture has the blue arrow pointing at Archive and covering up My Folders label, but you can get the idea!

Now as to why they might not show in Outlook - I don't use Outlook, but I have seen advice about subscribing to folders - search the help text or internet for that setting.  (maybe this: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/office/show-or-hide-imap-folders-b8474acf-e8e1-4d1a-be33-708a1ea...)

folder drill.png

0 Kudos
Sololobo
Community elder
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Similar issue in this thread: https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Email/Folder-syncing-issue/td-p/4013300

Try some of the advice given there, you may get a resolution.

It's What I Do.
I Drink and I
Remember Things.

Only mark a post as helpful if your issue has been resolved.