cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Outlook failure to sync

Andy_Kay
Tuning in

I have hotmail, gmail, virginmedia and ntlworld email accounts. The hotmail and the gmail accounts work but the virginmedia and the ntlworld accounts show "Syncing..." and never seem to sync. I'm getting very disheartened with these ongoing email problems. Is there any light at the end of the tunnel?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Thank you @Andy_Kay 

Can I ask if you have tried removing the account from Outlook and re-adding it at all? If not are you able to try now? 

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

10 REPLIES 10

Ashleigh_C
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi there @Andy_Kay 

Thank you so much for your post and welcome back to the community forums, it's great to have you with us. 

I am so sorry to hear that you have faced this issue with your service and thank you again for posting. 

Can I ask if you have been able to access the email at all via web mail? 

Andy_Kay
Tuning in

Hi Ashleigh and thanks for your reply.

I have just sent a test email from my hotmail account to my ntlworld account and it has been successfully received in my webmail ntlworld account, but my outlook ntlworld account just shows 'Syncing..."

Thank you for clarifying @Andy_Kay 

Have you tried changing the email password and ensuring that is updated with the new password on all devices? 

Andy_Kay
Tuning in

I've just had a look and can't find a "change password" option in Outlook.

Andy_Kay
Tuning in

My test message has just been received in my Outlook account 20 minutes after it was received in my Webmail account.

Thank you again for popping back to us @Andy_Kay and I am glad to hear that the email has appeared, though I am so sorry there was a delay for this, but I am glad the email has appeared. 

Have other emails that were showing on web mail now appeared as well? 

Andy_Kay
Tuning in

There is a message in my Outlook account from Virgin Media received on Friday 30/06 that shows only an option to "Download message and pictures (27.82 KB)" and it has been failing to sync since received. Other than that there are no more missing messages.

Thank you @Andy_Kay 

Can I ask if you have tried removing the account from Outlook and re-adding it at all? If not are you able to try now? 

Andy_Kay
Tuning in

Yeah that unplugged it. I also received a new message dated 13-April-2023. Thanks for your help Ashleigh.