Menu
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Outlook express stopped sending my email

Outlook express stopped sending my email, receiving ok get the following-

Send test email message: Your email server rejected your login. Verify your user name and password for this account in Account Settings.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Outlook express stopped sending my email

Quote 1

Outlook Express is an e-mail client that comes with a classic look, focused mainly on providing users with a simple means of accessing their mail messages from their desktop.”

Quote 2

Outlook Express is very old and now discontinued software, which might not work on your operating system! It will only work on Windows XP!”

You cannot seriously expect assistance with software which the supplier (Microsoft) has consigned to the technology dustbin.

Have you tried using Virgin Media Webmail?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

@BillC45 

BillC45 is precisely right. Anything could have gone wrong with OE and it is such a dated program that even I (and I used to use it) have forgotten how it works or what can go wrong.

But there may be more to your issue than meets the eye here (if BillC45 doesn't mind me interjecting) judging from what you say. The clue is in the OE error message. You must test to see if you can send from VM's web mail. Log in at mail2.virginmedia.com. You'll need your e-mail address and associated password to do this.

If you can send from web mail (send a test message to yourself, if you like) then trouble almost certainly lies ahead.

You need to follow these instructions to the latter, no shortcuts and no posting information that I haven't asked for. 

So first of all open a new browser page and in the search box type just this IP and hit return. When you get the reply it will be a string of numbers with full stops separating each number. This is your public IP address. Keep it private. Don't ever post it here. Make a note of it. You'll need it for the next step.

There is a second way of doing this which you might prefer. Go here and your IP address will be displayed automatically at the top of the page

https://www.whatismyip.com/ip-whois-lookup/

Next go here: https://www.spamhaus.org/lookup/

In the box which says IP at the top, type in your IP address. With dots and all. Hit return and wait for the answer.

You'll get an answer in a few seconds. All we are interested is whether your IP address is listed against the line which starts SBL. Nothing else matters or is of interest. 

Post back here a simple yes or no - SBL yes or no. Then we'll take it on to the next stage which will depend on the result we get. 

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi

Thank you for the helpful reply, got this message my IP

is listed in the XBL, because it appears in:

[removed]

I followed the prompts/link and email is now fixed. Kept a copy of your instruction in case it happens again. VM webmail did still work but I like to use outlook (installed with MS Office) as I am so used to it. 

Thanks again

Best Regards

Patrick  

[MOD EDIT: Personal and private information has been removed from this post. Please do not post personal or private information in your public posts. Please review the Forum Guidelines]

0 Kudos