Menu
Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Outlook Mac Vs Outlook iOS

Morning.

Heres a brief run down of my issue - hope someone can advise.

MacBook Pro, Outlook as part of a 365 subscription installed. IMAP configured, both incoming and outgoing servers set to virginmedia.com. Works fine. No issues.

Outlook iOS app on iPhone 11 Pro. Manually set up account, replicate the settings above to the nth degree. Will not sign me in, says check password or email address. Stuck in a loop.

Outlook iOS app - allow it to create the settings automatically, always defaults to the blueyonder servers, accepts password logs me in fine. Then after a couple of days of using without issue, log into app, says it is updating some settings, both my display name and description has been automatically changed to my full blueyonder email address (instead of what I chose when setting up the account) goes into a spin of downloading messages forever. Nothing ever downloads or updates. Have to delete account and set it up again from scratch.

Phew! After all that, any ideas why it is doing this? Thank you.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: Outlook Mac Vs Outlook iOS

Okay so curiouser and curiouser, I created a new @virginmedia email address to attempt to migrate across thinking its the old blueyonder one that is causing issues.

The Mail app for iOS signs in fine.

The Outlook app for iOS just refuses to sign in with the incoming and outgoing servers being virginmedia.com (which the newly created account uses)

I wonder what it could be?

0 Kudos