Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Outlook 2019 unable to connect other email accounts on my account when using IMAP

I have a new Office 2019 installation and am trying to setup all email accounts associated to my email  account. I am using the Advanced email setup in Outlook 2019 by selecting the IMAP option. Each time I try to add the account it fails to connect, after I enter the password. If I retry or attempt toc change the settings. This creates a second data file with the same name. It also creates an entry or entries on the Outlook main page, showing the email account name and Inbox. I am unable to see the account added to the account settings, email accounts tab. It only appears as a data file in the data file tab. My primary account worked without an issue, so unclear why these are all failing. I am attempting to use IMAP as files and folders are set up. Can any one explain why this is not working as really need to be able to get the IMAP accounts working.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Outlook 2019 unable to connect other email accounts on my account

Hello

Have a look at https://www.virginmedia.com/help/virgin-media-configure-email-settings as it will tell you how to setup outlook for the Virginmedia emails.

Regards Mike

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Outlook 2019 unable to connect other email accounts on my account

I have already checked these settings.I do not even get to check them as it fails to add the email account, only a data file. But I have found another way, which is to go into Account Settings, Manage Profiles, select Email Accounts, select New for Email account, select Manual setup or additional server types to select POP or IMAP and manually set up the email accounts using your link. I have to set the encryption to AUTO as TLS/SSL did not work.

0 Kudos