Menu
glenys
Tuning in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Outlook 2016 will not synch with my mailbox at VirginMedia

Can any of you techie folk out there offer me any advice please ?

I have a windows10 PC
I also have Outlook 2016 on my PC (NOT cloud based)
I cannot get Outlook to talk to my server at Virginmedia.com

Its ONLY ONE of my mailboxes that is affected - the others are fine. Virginmedia froze this mailbox all last week and reinstated it today, so it lost any "connections" to Outlook that it had.

I did everything it said on Virginmedia website to synch it back, but their instructions don't "retro" back to Outlook 2016, so all the instructions showed different window layouts, and things were all in a different order.

I wondered if anyone had a link to instructions that would show how to do it with that version of Outlook in particular, please?

TIA XXX

0 Kudos
Katie_WT
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Outlook 2016 will not synch with my mailbox at VirginMedia

Hi there @glenys

Thanks for popping along - sorry that you're having come email client issues since we fixed your email issue last week. 

Sounds like you just need our POP SMTP settings for 2016. The settings should be the same, but the look may just be slightly different. This link should help 

Email Client Help

Keep us posted with how you get on. 

Cheers

Katie - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
glenys
Tuning in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi Katie - thanks X

I did manage to sort it eventually - a couple of FB friends helped out.  I was using IMAP rather than POP though.

Incidentally, the link you put in your reply above isn't working for me, so not sure if it is just a thing for me, or others as well?

Thanks Again X
Glenys

0 Kudos
lizwm
On our wavelength
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Glenys how did you sort this as I have tried so many things in the last week.

0 Kudos
glenys
Tuning in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi Liz WM

I ended up creating a new profile within Outlook in the end, so now I have one profile with all my other email addresses in (that it wouldn't let me reconnect to) and a seperate one with just the problem email.

I will see if I can find the link to the instructions that someone gave me, for 2016 for you.

Here it is Good Luck
https://www.registerdomain.co.za/knowledgebase/66/Set-up-email-in-Outlook-2016-IMAP.html?fbclid=IwAR...

Glenys

lizwm
On our wavelength
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Thank you. I'll have a look tomorrow.