Menu
walthamyank
Tuning in
Message 1 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Outgoing message SPAM Content Found (VM603)

I found some other messages, the latest from February this year, saying this problem has been resolved. But, after successfully sending emails for seven years, I suddenly started getting the message a few days ago. IT HAS NOT BEEN RESOLVED.

One of the postings said it could be due to excessive graphics and a URL contained in a business message that I am replying to, but I'm not sure what to do about that, plus it's never happened before.

Please advise.

0 Kudos
John_GS
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Re: Outgoing message SPAM Content Found (VM603)

Hi walthamyank

Thanks forn posting. My apologies for the delayed reply and the email issue. Has this sorted itself since posting?

If not, please check here to see if the IP address has been blacklisted

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos
walthamyank
Tuning in
Message 3 of 9
Flag for a moderator

I don't know how to get the IP address from Virgin Media. I removed urls and graphics from the email I was trying to send and it was not returned. So don't know if it's gone away.

Thank you anyway.

0 Kudos
Zoie_P
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi Waltamyank, 

thanks for your reply, what device are you using as different devices/PC's will have different ways to obtain your IP address.

thanks,

Zoie

0 Kudos
walthamyank
Tuning in
Message 5 of 9
Flag for a moderator

This was from a Samsung notebook, still running Windows 7. Do you think that has something to do with it?

0 Kudos
用心棒
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 6 of 9
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

It is never a good idea to run an unsupported operating system.

The SPAM Content Found issue has nothing to do with the operating system being used. It maybe helpful if the forum team passed on the unique reference string shown in the warning to the email team to correct any false positives. Alternately send the problem email to yourself in webmail and, if requested by the forum team, send the header information to them via private message (2018-12-13.jpeg). To do this:

• go to your Spam folder and select the message sent to yourself
  • select > View source
  • highlight the first line down to the first blank line
  • copy the highlighted text
  • paste the copied text into your private message to the forum team

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more
Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Gizmouk
On our wavelength
Message 7 of 9
Flag for a moderator

I get

An error occurred while sending mail. The mail server responded: 552 5.7.0 SPAM Content Found (VM603) 45ahlcypVf8yd45ahlvz1J. Please check the message and try again.

I'm running Linux Mint 20.1 and Thunderbird email...     the email contains  only 
https://purplewellie.com

0 Kudos
用心棒
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 8 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Issue has been flagged to the forum team who are best placed to look at correcting the false positive; be aware it can take them a few hours / days respond.

0 Kudos
Paul_DN
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 9 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi Gizmouk,

Thank you for coming back to us, I will be able to get this looked into however will need more details, I will send to a invite into a private chat so I can help further, please click on the purple envelope to accept.

Regards

Paul.

0 Kudos