cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Outgoing emails all show 0 bytes for size

Lupin-2
On our wavelength

Since the VM outage on 19 June all my outgoing emails show an email size of 0 bytes.  Does anyone know why this is happening and how the problem could be fixed?  It affects my outgoing emails only, not the incoming ones.

16 REPLIES 16

用心棒
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Can you post a redacted screenshot of issue?

-- 
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more
Have I helped? Click helpful.jpeg Mark as Helpful Answer and solved, or use thanks.jpeg Kudos to say thanks

Lupin-2
On our wavelength

Hello and thank you for your interest.  Here is a screenshot showing the issue in my Sent items box.

Lupin2_0-1688913107732.png

Hi @Lupin-2,

Do you get this when you access the mail via WebMail and Third Party email client?

Ayisha_B
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Lupin-2
On our wavelength

Hi Ayisha_B.

No, this is the view of my VM Sent mailbox on my PC.  The same issue applies to emails in my Drafts folder (on my PC).  Only my Inbox shows the size of each single incoming email.

Lupin-2
On our wavelength

Sorry, I forgot to say I'm using Outlook on my PC and this is where I see the problem.

Can you check by signing into WebMail and let us know if its the same?

Ayisha_B
Forum Team

Lupin-2
On our wavelength

I have just checked my email account on VM WebMail and the problem does NOT appear there, in either the Sent folder or Drafts folder.  Byte sizes show as normal.  So the problem seems to exist only in Outlook.

Thanks for checking.

It may be worth removing and re-adding your mailbox from Outlook to see if that changes anything. 

Ayisha_B
Forum Team

Lupin-2
On our wavelength

Thank you for the suggestion but I have no idea how to do that.  I would be afraid - if I do something wrong - of losing all my emails.