Menu
dfew
Joining in
Message 1 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Our organisation emails are being blocked from sending to Virgin Media customers

Does anybody know of a procedure in place to get your domain unblocked/whitelisted with Virgin Media. 

Our email system is fine sending to other email providers so I'm pretty sure it's anything to do with our SPF record. 

Seems to be when any email we send is routed through Virgin Media, NTLWorld, Blueyonder and Cable&Wireless servers we get 'This message hasn't been delivered yet. Delivery will continue to be attempted' and finally 'The server has tried to deliver this message, without success, and has stopped trying'.  

I've struggled getting any answers over the phone with VM support.  We're having to just inform our clients to log issues with Virgin Media in attempt to hopefully get the issue resolved. 

Thanks.

0 Kudos
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Re: Our organisation emails are being blocked from sending to Virgin Media customers

Virgin Media has nothing to do with Cable & Wireless

The addresses they deal with are

virginmedia.com
virgin.net
blueyonder.co.uk
ntlworld.com

I'd be interested to see an actual error message, obviously don't post the rejected address but it helps to know the from: address

Virgin Media are experiencing some problems with delivery but from the evidence I've seen the delays have been internal to Virgin Media's mail system.  You may well be experiencing a different issue.

Tim

As a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share my knowledge. I don't work for Virgin Media.

Click to learn more about VIP

Use Kudos to say thanks

Mark as Helpful Answer if I've helped

0 Kudos
dfew
Joining in
Message 3 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Re: Our organisation emails are being blocked from sending to Virgin Media customers

Thanks for your reply.
The from address was: info@macclesfield.ac.uk
0 Kudos
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 9
Flag for a moderator

We need to see the error message as well. And if you are getting rejections from non-VM domains doesn't that suggest something to you about your e-mail sending set up?

As a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share my knowledge. I don't work for Virgin Media.

Use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
dfew
Joining in
Message 5 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for your reply - I remember Cable & Wireless became NTLWorld and then they became Virgin Media. Could be wrong though.
0 Kudos
dfew
Joining in
Message 6 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Error message we receive back after a day or so: #550 4.4.7 QUEUE.Expired; message expired ##
0 Kudos
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 7 of 9
Flag for a moderator

@dfew wrote:
Error message we receive back after a day or so: #550 4.4.7 QUEUE.Expired; message expired ##

Why do I get the feeling that you are not as clued up on email as you need to be?

If you check the mail server logs, you should be able to see the delivery attempts that lead up to the rejection.  Typically these will have a 4xx error code.  It would be helpful to see one of these errors.

The QUEUE Expired message means that the server gave up after multiple delivery attempts.

Tim

Use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
andrewl18
Settling in
Message 8 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi dfew,

Were you able to resolve your issue?

We experienced the same issue, and it was due to the URL of their SMTP server/s being blocked as a "deadsite" by our Firewall.

Kind Regards,

Andrew

0 Kudos
kwtsupport
Joining in
Message 9 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi Andrew,

what firewall do you use? We're having this same issue and use FortiNet firewalls, but I can 't see where I can find "deadsites".

I've logged a call with FortiNet to try to help.

Thanks

Steve

0 Kudos