Menu
Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Orphaned @ntlworld.com email

I have an old @ntlworld.com email address which has stopped working.

This is from an old account and address which I would like linking to my new virgin media account.

Is this something I can do.

Thanks

Rob

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Orphaned @ntlworld.com email

Hello

It cannot be added to your current account, all the VM staff can do is too transfer and replace the new email address with the old one you cannot keep both.

Regards Mike

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Is this the same orphan email address you attempted to rescue in 2015? Did that get anywhere?  It seemed to peter out towards the end of the thread.

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Forum-Archive/Unable-to-access-email-via-webmail/m-p/2749444

Before the Forum Team arrive to assist can you check some things for them?  Run the address through mailtester.com and see if the address is still valid.  They can't guarantee that a Move & Transfer will work but that is a step closer.  Also, you still need to pass security via private message - so be prepared to do that with information on both accounts.

And as advised, you would lose any emails attached to your current billing account.

Why not get a non-ISP email address that can travel with you when you move, and also offers better security and support!

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ *\o/* ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ *\o/* ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ *\o/* ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ *\o/* ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi,

Thanks for your reply.

This is the same address I was trying to recover in 2015.

In the end I gave up due to pure frustration.

I have checked with mailtester.com and it is still valid.

I do have a non-ISP email.

I don’t need to access the emails and don’t care if the mailbox is wiped, I would just like to have the email address again.

Thanks

Rob

Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi SideShowBob1972,

Thanks for posting. We can do this but it would be a move and transfer from the old account to the new one, and you'd lose any email addresses associated with the new account.

If this is something you'd like to go ahead with please let me know.

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi John,

I do have another email address my wife uses so wouldn’t want to lose that so in that case I can make do without transferring.

Thanks

Rob

0 Kudos