Menu
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Orphaned ntlworld.com address

Hi

I used to have a virgin media account with a secondary email address that was my ntlworld.com address. We left virgin when we moved then rejoined them about 18 months ago under a new account. Up until about 2 months ago my ntlworld address was working fine on my iphone then it stopped. Please can anyone advise how I can get this address working again? I do not know the password anymore.

thanks

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Orphaned ntlworld.com address

If the email addresses on the previous account were not transferred when you opened the current account it may well be too late.  Any Move and Transfer now, if available, would replace all email accounts on the receiving broadband account.

The Forum Team should be able to advise further when they reach this thread in a day or so.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Ok thanks. Will see what they say. What confuses me is that it was working fine up until a couple of months ago which would be about 2 years after the old account was closed. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Anyone help with this please?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

The VM Forum Team are dealing with a large number of posts at the moment.  Response times are therefore somewhat longer than in the best of times.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi Painty1

Thanks for posting and welcome to the community.

I am sorry to hear of the email issues. As Graham_A has advised, if the email was never moved over, we can try to do a Move and Transfer for you. This will remove any new email accounts on the new account you've set up.

I'll PM you now to get some details

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos