Menu
evildr
Joining in
Message 1 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Orphaned email address

Hi, I've had a virgin.net address for 20 years which I use on a daily basis. Two days ago it locked out and I can't send or receive or get access via webmail. How can I get access to it again?

Thanks

0 Kudos
Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 2 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Re: Orphaned email address

are you still a virgin media customer? the answer to that will impact the advice
0 Kudos
evildr
Joining in
Message 3 of 13
Flag for a moderator

No, I have never been.
0 Kudos
Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 4 of 13
Flag for a moderator

if you have never had the internet you shouldn't of had an email address.

How did you get the email
0 Kudos
evildr
Joining in
Message 5 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Ah yes, you're right. I did have a Virgin account and with that came the email address.
0 Kudos
evildr
Joining in
Message 6 of 13
Flag for a moderator

My virgin.net email was locked out two days ago after having used it for twenty years. This is my main email address. I called Virgin and they told me that my are was no longer supported and I should speak to TalkTalk. I phoned TalkTalk and they said if I had a virgin.net address, I should speak to Virgin. My life is on hold without this email address and I'm at a loss as to what to do.

0 Kudos
DJ_Shadow1966
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 7 of 13
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hello

Just to check do you have a VM broadband account, if so is the email address attached to your account, if you are not a VM broadband customer then all support can do I am afraid is delete the account, as having a VM email address is dependent on a current broadband account see https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Email/Orphan-Email-accounts/td-p/3492073
https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Email/Closure-of-former-customer-email-accounts/m-p/4092021

Regards Mike

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
evildr
Joining in
Message 8 of 13
Flag for a moderator

I don't have a VM Broadband account. So after 20 years, and with no notice my virgin.net is to be deleted? This is completely unacceptable. How can I get round this problem? I use the address every day, it's my main means of communication. Can I open an account? There must be some way of getting this address back. It can't just disappear.
0 Kudos
DJ_Shadow1966
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 9 of 13
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hello

When you signed up the T&C are quite clear that email accounts will normally be terminated after 90 days that you no longer have a broadband account, although some have been around much longer.

I am afraid there is no way around this.

Regards Mike

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
evildr
Joining in
Message 10 of 13
Flag for a moderator

So, apart from a marketing message I have had no help at all with this problem from Virgin Media. It has now been four days without any email. I had a txt conversation with someone called Manoj and he told me my password had been changed because of spam and the technical team would be in touch, that was 24 hours ago. If it's money issue and I need to pay a fee or join something then I will do that but I can't believe that Virgin can lock me out of my email address without any notice. If I had been given notice I would have done something about it. Come on Virgin, surely you're better than this!

0 Kudos