Menu
Tuning in
Message 1 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Orphaned account

I am a Virgin Media Customer [removed]. All of a sudden my Blueyonder account is inaccessible.

Mailtester confirms that the address is no longer valid...see below.

email.JPG

How can I confirm that this has been 'orphaned' rather than hacked...seems odd as I got my VM bill just a few days ago?

[MOD EDIT: Personal and private information has been removed from this post. Please do not post personal or private information in your public posts. Please review the Forum Guidelines]

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Re: Orphaned account

Sign into My Virgin Media > My Profile > Manage accounts to confirm if (secondary) email address is linked to your account; if not it is an orphan.

FYI: Blueyonder email address were automatically generated and the user could add up to three email address aliases to it. To access the email account the user would use the automatically generated email address but, sometime ago now, Virgin Media replaced the automatically generated email address with the first created alias and it is this email address that should now be used to sign in.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more
Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Tuning in
Message 3 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi there

Thanks so much for the quick reply.

This is where it gets confusing as my @blueyonder account login details are no longer recognised.

I;m unable to access the account hence my suspicions that it may have been hacked..?

0 Kudos
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Does mailtester show your blueyonder email address as valid?

Have you tried resetting the password by following the advice here, What do I do if I’ve forgotten my Virgin Media username and password?

0 Kudos
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 5 of 10
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Unfortunately, Mailtester.com no longer appears to provide accurate results for VM domain email addresses.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 6 of 10
Flag for a moderator

@Graham_A wrote:

Unfortunately, Mailtester.com no longer appears to provide accurate results for VM domain email addresses.

Pity as it was a useful tool; appreciate the update.

0 Kudos
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 7 of 10
Flag for a moderator

@pt007r0374, either Virgin Media missed your email address when replacing the automatically generated email address or your alias email address is remarkably nondescript. It appears to be valid so do try the password reset route mentioned earlier.

Tuning in
Message 8 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi there

Thanks again...the problem I have is that my memorable answer/password have all become invalid.

I therefore can't perform a password reset as it reads my memorable answer as incorrect.

I'll just have to give up on it I think.. It seems to have been compromised

Cheers

Pete

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 9 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi pt007r0374

Thanks for posting and apologies for the email issue. 

I'll PM you now to see if we can sort this out

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 10 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi @pt007r0374

Thanks for joining me on PM.

Just to update the thread, the mailbox was enabled.

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"