cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Orphaned NTLWorld Email Account

OrphanedSon
Joining in

Hi, I'm posting on behalf of my 88 year old mother who has recently lost access to her ntlworld.com email address. I am assuming that this is because she cancelled her Virgin Media account a while back as she couldn't afford to keep it on.

Despite trying to get her to use GMail and iCloud accounts, the ntlworld.com account is the only one she has ever known and she couldn't get used to any of the other platforms, so she has continued to use the ntlworld.com account.

I understand from reading other posts that it MIGHT be possible to temporarily reinstate the account to enable us to transfer all her history to a new account so she doesn't lose all her contacts.

I would be grateful for any assistance from any of the Forum Team to see if this is possible.

Many thanks.

3 REPLIES 3

Kain_W
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi OrphanedSon,

Thanks for your post and welcome to the community.

Apologies for any issues faced with the email, given the detail provided, as she wouldn't have an account with us then it is unlikely for us to gain access.

When was the account closed roughly?

Regards,

Kain

Hi Kain,

Thanks for getting back to me.

The account was closed in April 2022. While I appreciate that email accounts are not supported once an account is closed, my mother didn't receive any warning that it was to be closed and therefore continued to use the account. 

Kind regards,

MARK

Kain_W
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Thanks for the response there,

Just so we can investigate the affected account further I've dropped you a PM.

The message will appear within the purple envelope icon.

Regards,

Kain