cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

'Orphan' email account

Eiliann
Joining in

Hi guys,

Apparently like quite a few others on here, I have an old e-mail account from the virgin.net days (which I was told would be/was closed/gone several years ago) which I would like to re-gain access to if at all possible.  I have a current Virgin subscription service with Account Number, Area Code, etc., so that's not a problem.

If anyone could give me a hand with this, it would be appreciated.

Many thanks for any help 🙂

4 REPLIES 4

coenoby
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Eiliann wrote:

I have an old e-mail account from the virgin.net days (which I was told would be/was closed/gone several years ago) which I would like to re-gain access to if at all possible. 🙂

VM often used to leave these "Orphan"  accounts open for years but since they stopped issuing new email accounts it seems they may be having a purge to clear them out.

Do you  know whether that email account does still exist? 

If not you could check that from here https://cleantalk.org/email-checker/ - enter the full email address and see if it comes up "real" or "fake".

Or you could try sending a test email to that address and see if you  get a delivery failure message back with "Mailbox not found" or similar.

If you don't get a error message back or the checker comes up with "real" then it may be possible for VM to allow you to regain temporary access to the account  but there are definitely no guarantees.

However, even if it is still live at the moment, that email account's days are numbered.

One of the Forum Team (VM staff who support this forum) will contact you via this thread in the next day or so and check it out for you.

Coenoby

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media.

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Yeah, it does exist to the best of my knowledge - I checked it on the e-mail checker from another thread... yesterday, I think?  And the day before that I sent an e-mail to it, and didn't get an error message or anything, so it looks like it's still there.  Will look forwards to hearing from the mod, and thanks for the reply 🙂

coenoby
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Eiliann 

That's good news. As I said it still does not mean the Forum Team can give you access to it though.
Let's see what they say.

Coenoby

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media.

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Arissa_H
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Eiliann.

Thanks for posting and welcoming you with big virtual arms to the community☺.
Sorry for any email issues, hope to get this resolved and will try my best!
As the Forum have advised, we may not be able to do anything, only request it's deletion as it should already be deleted due to it not being on a active account. 
I'll send you a PM now to see if any way we can help.

Please watch out for the purple envelope ✉.

Thank you.

Ari - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide