Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Ophaned ntl email

I have an ntlworld email address from a now defunct Virgin account from many years ago. I have been able to access the ntlworld address until today. I am asking for the password that I do not remember and there is no option to change it. Current Virgin account does not recognise I have an email address because it was never linked. Can this be done now?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: Ophaned ntl email

Hi Malachite, 

Thanks for getting in touch.

I am sorry to hear you are having problems accessing your email account.  Can you please confirm if you are still have an active broadband service with us?

Thanks

Nat
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Yes, I do.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi Malachite,

I'm afraid that it sounds that your old email address from your old account has been deleted by our systems as it wasn't linked to any account accounts and once deleted, it cannot be made active again or linked to your current account.

Regards,

Lisa

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: Orphaned ntl email

@Malachite wrote:

Yes, I do.

I can't tell if the VM staff have done this already behind the scenes, but you can double-check something easy before giving up.   Run the email address through https://mailtester.com.  If the result is red, then the mailbox and address has indeed been deleted from the VM system and can never be recovered.

But if it is green, there is a slight chance that it can be attached to your current VM billing account.  Of course, I can't guarantee that - I don't have access to the VM system.  But the Forum Team (VM employees) would be able to request that the back-end IT department have a look for you.

A warning: If a Move & Transfer is technically possible, it would mean that any new addresses and emails associated with your current VM billing account would be deleted, so not a decision to be taken lightly.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ *\o/* ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ *\o/* ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ *\o/* ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ *\o/* ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

I have checked the email address on mail tester and it is green. I have no other email account with Virgin so nothing to lose. The ntl email address is linked with my Apple ID and I am unable to log in to it on my phone because it wants to send a code to the ntl email. I tried other options but i could not validate the account any other way. I actually don’t want to use the ntl address for anything else. 

Thank you for responding.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi Malachite, 

Thanks for coming back to us. 

I'll PM you now to get some details and arrange the Move and Transfer.

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"