cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Only Main E-Mail Address Working

polly43
Up to speed

Hi all,

I have one main Virgin e-mail address and seven others that I access from the main one.  This is so I can use the others for different things.  It saves me having to log in to each one separately, given the hoops that Virgin makes us jump through every time we access an e-mail account!   Everything was working perfectly until the recent changes to the e-mail accounts.  I can still access my main account, but the others no longer work. They say they aren't correct any more or some such. I have tried to enter their details again, but am told that they already exist!?  How, when according to them, they are no longer recognised?  Can anyone please tell me how I can put these e-mail accounts back again so I don't have to sign into them all separately?  These problems with Virgin e-mail have been going on for years now it seems!  🙄

8 REPLIES 8

Steven_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hey polly43,

Welcome back to the community and thanks for taking the time to post.
I’m sorry to hear of the issues that you’re having with your email accounts at the moment, I'm sorry but you would need to login to each of the emails to try to resolve this, you would need to login into 'My Virgin Media' with the details for each account and then you would need to do the below:

• Go to Account settings, then Account details
• Tap Manage next to Manage your Virgin Media Mail app password under Virgin Media Mail
• Then, under Virgin Media Mail app password tap Get password
• Continue the flow and a new secure password will be generated, and the mailbox unlocked
• Update any third-party apps that may be use to access your Virgin Media Mail emails with this new app password.

Please can you try to do this for maybe one or two and if they work the process should then work for the rest of your accounts, if this doesn't work, please let us know and we can get this raised with our support team to be investigated. 
Kind Regards,

Steven_L

Hi Steven (same name as my son!)

Thanks for your reply to my problem.  It wasn't quite as straightforward as that though.  When I inputted a couple of my other e-mail addresses, neither were recognised.  Uh Oh!  However, I followed the instructions for adding extra e-mail addresses to the main one.  I encountered an error each time I clicked on 'Save' after adding each one but I clicked on 'Ignore' and they were all accepted.  The result is that all my other e-mail accounts are now in the main webmail account and the e-mails in those are there too.  I just hope that Virgin don't continue to mess with the accounts any more, as there were messages in these extra accounts about how they were encountering further difficulties and the work was going to take longer than they thought!  Virgin!  Don't do anything else - please!  It's OK now!  It's working! 😮  Seriously, thanks for your input; although it wasn't quite accurate, it put me on the right track.  Fingers crossed!  😉

Thanks for the update and we're pleased to hear you were able to resolve this by following the add email account process.

Please let us know if there is anything else we can assist you with in the future 🙂

Rob

I've checked again, and all my extra e-mail addresses are still there and working, albeit rather slowly and creaky to open, but at least they are still there!  Following the 'Add email account' process is OK, but there are going to be some people who are put off by the error message and scared of just clicking on the 'Ignore' option in case they're doing something wrong.  I think this does need addressing.  🤔  Have Virgin finished 'Updating' their email service now do you know?  I do hope so.  😒  Anyway Steve, thank you again for your help.  😊

Hi @polly43 thanks for getting back to us.

And thanks for updating us.  Remember, if you ever need assistance in the future, our fantastic community and forum team are always willing to lend a hand. Please bear in mind, you can manage your account from here. Your online account, will give you access to your bills, show your package details, diagnose any possible faults and monitor any orders and appointments you may have. 
Regards
Lee_R

Always Lee.  I have learned the hard way to come here first before braving Virgin's so-called 'Customer Service'!  It's so much easier on the nerves (and temper!)  😈

I'm sorry that your previous experiences have led you to feeling that way @polly43 

Take care and don't leave home without your umbrella 🙂

Regards

Lee

Well, after years of being really helpful, Virgin's Customer Service seems to have completely gone to pieces!  You can be on the phone for hours after being cut off numerous times and passed from pillar to post.  It's as if they actually want you to give up!  I used to sing Virgin's praises to the rafters in various surveys about media service providers, but not any more.  But...you guys on here are absolutely brilliant!  😊  You have helped me so many times when Virgin itself has failed dismally.  (I'm pleased its going to rain again.  The garden could certainly do with it.  The rain we've had so far has hardly even touched it.  It's still rock hard underneath!)  🙄