Menu
Davaar
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Only 1 of several email addresses is working

I have an email setup with a PRIMARY Virgin Media Mail address, 4 Alternate email addresses  and a single Managed Account with its own email address that was created AFTER Virgin Media took over my ORIGINAL ISP and inherited the existing email configuration.

Only the Managed Account with its own email address is now working properly.

The other email addresses can be used to SEND emails but no longer receive emails from any source what-so-ever. I am unable to manage/edit the settings for the non-working email addresses via the Virgin Media web site.

I see there are 100's of people on Virgin Media Mail with the same problem.

I think we would all be grateful for a solution SOON!

0 Kudos
Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Only 1 of several email addresses is working

So, trying to understand the implications of your post.

Is the Managed Account a third party email address that you use as the username for your Primary VM account? If not can you explain further.

If it is the username for your Primary VM account when you log into your My Virgin Media account do the email addresses you are having issues with appear under the My Profile and/or Manage Accounts tabs.  If the former which section do they appear in?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Davaar
Joining in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

All the email addresses use the original 3rd party ISP identifier i.e. email_address@ISP.co.uk rather than email_address@virginmedia.com.

This includes the Managed Account.

On the Virgin Media - My Profile page the information appears in the form :-

Virgin Media Mail

Virgin Media Mail address
email_address1@ISP.co.uk
Alternate email addresses
email_address2@ISP.co.uk
email_address1@ISP.co.uk
email_address3@ISP.co.uk
abcdNNNNN@ISP.co.uk (this was the ORIGINAL alphanumeric email address supplied by the ISP when the account was first opened)

Note: This email address is linked to your Webspace.

(all the above were inherited from the original ISP)

On the Manage Accounts tab the following appears :-

Manage other My Virgin Media accounts

You can create up to 9 additional My Virgin Media accounts for yourself or members of your household to use. You have 1 additional account.

Username

email_address4@ISP.co.uk                                                   View/Change

Create a new account

(I created the above account after the transfer to Virgin Media using their tools at that time for creating additional accounts and this is the only one that now works correctly).

I hope this improves your understanding.

The frustrating thing is that I appear to have no means of modifying ANY of the Alternate email address settings or even deleting any of them.

0 Kudos
Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Thanks, yes that does indeed clarify things.  The alternate address are all aliases of the primary account and share the same mailbox.  They also share the same password that you have set for the username that you log in with.

I suggest that you log into the primary account via VM webmail and check under the settings > email section to see if any autoforward or filter rules have been set to divert incoming mail away from your inbox.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Davaar
Joining in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

There are no user account defined email filters set at all - only the default Virgin Media ones, however Virgin appear to have got their act together and fixed the problem as the missing emails for the previous 48 hours have now appeared for the 4 affected email addresses.

Thank you for your suggestions. I had already examined all the settings I could obtain access to via my Virgin Media Accounts and Email but could find nothing in place that might be the cause of the problem. It would appear that a Virgin Media update had gone awry and has now been remedied.

0 Kudos
Emily_G
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for the post Davaar and welcome to our community.

We're happy to hear this has since been resolved. 

Thanks, Emily.

0 Kudos