Menu
ahrbee
Superfast
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

One Webmail Account Not Receiving E-Mails

Today, one of my e-mail accounts stopped receiving e-mails. My other e-mail account still works properly.

I have followed the advice elsewhere. I have run a scan on my computer. I have checked that there is only one address that e-mails should come to. I am at a loss to what else I can do.

If my one of my computers was compromised, I would assume both e-mail accounts would be similarly affected. But one works and the other has stopped receiving e-mails. Both seem to be sending e-mails normally.

0 Kudos
ahrbee
Superfast
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: One Webmail Account Not Receiving E-Mails

I have just received an e-mail into the account which had not received an e-mail since yesterday afternoon. I have also sent a test e-mail from my working e-mail which has also landed in the account previously not working. However, webmail has not received any other e-mails that I know have been sent to it in its 'down' period.

I am not sure what is going on. As previously mentioned, I ran scans on my iMacs with no issues identified. I checked both e-mail addresses and they appear to be set up in similar fashion as I imagine they have always been. There were no signs of intrusion or interference. I have cross-referenced my 2 e-mail accounts so if one is not working, contact can be made by Virgin to the other in event of problems.

Can anyone help? Will I receive the lost e-mails? Why has this happened and if Virgin has blocked the account not working, why has it not informed me?

I have just endured a frantic couple of hours and I do not know if the problem is sorted permanently.

0 Kudos
ahrbee
Superfast
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

My two accounts are now sending and receiving e-mails normally. After one account stopped receiving e-mails, I followed all the procedures recommended including running scans, changing passwords and checking e-mail addresses in webmail; but I have no idea why Virgin Media stopped forwarding e-mails to Webmail on just the one account for perhaps 24 hours. Those e-mails have not appeared so I shall probably never see them. 

All well now but not knowing why this happened is a worry; and there is always the possibility that it will happen again. The vagaries of Virgin Media! SIM upgrade which effectively junked my old Nokia; recent unexplained lack of access to my VM account; recent difficulty topping up my mobile account; and now, this!

0 Kudos
Gareth_L
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hello ahrbee

Thanks for your post 

Sorry for the delay in getting back to you 

Might be a pointless question regarding the email account that is not able to receive emails 

Have you checked the email account is not full

Gareth_L

0 Kudos
ahrbee
Superfast
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

It was definitely not full. It is now operating normally.

0 Kudos