cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Old ntlworld email hacked

Swoo64
Joining in

I have a very old ntlworld.com email address and emails were still being forwarded to my new address but I have had no new emails since 20th July. I think it has been hacked as the email has changed (and so have some other accounts I have that were using this address) and I can no longer access it myself as I don't know the password and I can't reset it as I am not getting emails to this address.  

There are still emails that are sent to that address which I need, and I need to recover the account so that I can sort it out and change all my emails over before I get it deleted.

Please help as I'm very worried!

2 REPLIES 2

jpeg1
Alessandro Volta

You are not alone. There is a log history of ntl emails being hacked - so many that it must be a systemic problem and not down to individual users.  VM might be able to recover your email, but in many cases they have only had the option of closing the account. 

- jpeg1
My name is NOT Alessandro. That's just a tag Virginmedia sticks on some contributors. Please ignore it.

Reece_MH
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi Swoo64 👋

Thanks for posting, and a warm welcome back to our Community Forums.

I'm sorry to hear your email account has been compromised and is now changing details for some of your accounts. As mentioned by jpeg1, if your email is associated with a previous Virgin Media account, then it may not be possible to recover the email, and we may need to close this down instead.

I'm going to send you a private message, so we can look into this for you. Please look out for it in the top-right, white envelope or by pressing your profile picture, then "Messages".

Thanks,

Reece - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our FAQ