Menu
eabletfreak
Tuning in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Old ntlworld email address is still haunting me

I was a VM customer up to Aug 2019 and had been for 20 years through nynex, c & w, ntlworld and finally virgin media. That's my life history. When I left VM in Aug 2019 I had been using their server for my email which was a hangover from the ntlworld era. I was told that after abandoning VM they would keep my dxxxx.lxxxx@ntlworld.com address active for 3 months then it would be removed so I placed an autoforward on the address so I would continue receiving any messages into my new Gmail email account. I am still receiving autoforwarded messages into my Gmail but they are all spam junk mail. I have tried in vain and failed with a call to VM and they tell me that because it's an old account it is locked and nothing can be done to access it. I have been given a phone number by the agent but because of a poor line and language barrier I couldn't understand what it was for. Anyway are there any VM technicians who can privately sort this problem for me please. By the way the tel number given to me is 08081687910. Does anybody know who or what this number is as when I tried it, it just rang out. By the way I am a VM account holder once more. Thanks guys.

0 Kudos
Zoie_P
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Old ntlworld email address is still haunting me

Hi Eabletfreak, 

thanks for your post and thank you for using our forums 🙂
I am sorry to hear this, I can certainly take a look for you, I will pop you over a private message just keep an eye out for the purple envelope 🙂
Thanks,

Zoie

Zoie_P
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi eabletfreak,

Thank you for messaging with me. I have raised this with our team and your ticket reference is P010430667, as soon as I have an update I will let you know

Zoie

0 Kudos
Zoie_P
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Speak of the devil, 

It have said this has been resolved and the email has been removed can you check for me ?

Zoie

eabletfreak
Tuning in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

As I cannot login to my old VM account because it has been locked, I am unable to see if the email address has been removed. However unfortunately as you can see from the included image, I have received an autoforwarded junk message sent to the ntlworld address which in turn has been autoforwarded to my gmail address. 😞

ScreenHunter_3.jpg

0 Kudos
Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

The image cannot be displayed as it shows the email address concerned.  However, entering the email address in Verify Email Address Online - Free Email Verifier - Free Email Address Verification (verify-email.or...  returns as BAD 

MailboxDoesNotExist

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks