Menu
Bobabry
Tuning in
Message 1 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Old ntlworld email account

Seen a few posts around old accounts, is there a way to access them?

Realised over the weekend some important documents are still being sent to an old account, what I thought was an old password doesn't work when trying to set up access.

I can send an email to the account and it doesn't bounce back as undelivered so I presume it still works.

Can any moderators help?

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
DJ_Shadow1966
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 9
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Old ntlworld email account

Hello

Are you still a virginmedia customer, if you are not then the only option that the support can do is permanently delete your email address, as the email address can only be used if you have a broadband customer.

Regards Mike

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Bobabry
Tuning in
Message 3 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Yes still a VM Broadband customer, hopefully that helps.

0 Kudos
Bobabry
Tuning in
Message 4 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Can anybody at VM help?

0 Kudos
Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 5 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Staff response times are currently around a week due to high demand.  They will reach this thread in due course.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Learn more

0 Kudos
Bobabry
Tuning in
Message 6 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Wow...but thanks for the heads up

0 Kudos
Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 7 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Whilst waiting for the Forum Team to respond there are a couple of things you can try yourself.

Sign in to My Virgin Media, go to My Profile and/or Manage Accounts depending on whether the account concerned is your primary account or an additional one. Select the account concerned and then click on Change to the right of password if a primary account or View/Change then change to the right of password for secondary accounts.

If you have forgotten the password to the primary account or the primary username follow the links here:

virgin-media-reset-username-and-password 

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Learn more

0 Kudos
Bobabry
Tuning in
Message 8 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Can't believe it, feel like I just won the lottery, used to back up a lot of settings and passwords, found a dvd with 'saved files 2010' written on it, restored an old PST file and I had sent myself an email back in 2008 with my email details.

Set up the email details and 12,000 emails later I have the mail and attachment I needed.

Wahooo, who's have thought it would be still active.

0 Kudos
Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 9 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Great that you were able to restore a backup of the pst.  Really refreshing to find a user who takes and keeps backups of important data.

There is always a however in such cases.  If the old address is not linked to your current VM broadband account it is still at risk of being deleted as an orphaned account.  So this would be a good opportunity to create a new up-to-date backup of the account.

0 Kudos