Menu
Joining in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Old ntlworld account

Good morning

Please can you help? I know this is a long shot, but we used to have an email address with ntlworld that I think is now closed down. The problem is that my wife who has MS has been sent some information to that address that we need and cannot get from anywhere else.

Is there any possibility that this account can be restored, even if only for a short period of time?

Thank you in advance for any support you can give.

0 Kudos
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: Old ntlworld account

Look this is difficult. Are you still VM broadband customers? If you are VM might be able to help. If you are not then VM won't help you. In all likelihood the account will have been deleted from VM's servers. They do not keep former customers' data. To do so would be a breach of all data protection protocols. 

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Joining in
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

No, sadly we are not.

Thank you for your advice. We are about out of avenues to try, this was a last try.

Thanks again anyway.
0 Kudos
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

I'm intrigued. What is this all about. A bit more detail please. When was the address last used? Was this information sent in the distant past or recently?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Joining in
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

My wife has MS, and she was recently sent some information part of her support service who for some reason had her old address on file, but due to the current pandemic situation, we have been unable to get hold of the contact and get the information resent.

The account has not been used in a couple of years, so it was a big stretch.
0 Kudos
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Thank you. I will have disappoint again. 2 years is too long to expect anything from VM. What is surprising is that it is an iron rule of the e-mail system that mail sent to a non-existent address will always bounce back. So the people who sent it should know they've made a mistake and should try to correct it.

0 Kudos
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

There is a risk of the mailbox still existing so the sender is unaware of the issue. Consider contacting her hospital's Patient Advice and Liaison Service (PALS) for help or the MS Society for advice.

I have flagged your post to the forum team to see what help they can offer; even if it is just confirmation that the mailbox no longer exists or arranging for it deletion so senders know the email address is no longer valid.

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks