Menu
Bauldy
Tuning in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Old ntl email account

Hi

i recently rejoined virgin media after having left due to no service in the area I moved to ... but now I’m back and wish to know if I can access my old email account, I still use the email address for some log ins but would like to get the email address back.

thanks in advance 

0 Kudos
coenoby
Super solver
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Old ntl email account

@Bauldy wrote:

I’m back and wish to know if I can access my old email account,

Try logging on from here  https://mail.virginmedia.com   with your old ntl address. If you cannot remember the password you can try resetting it by clicking on the red password link. You will be asked for your username, that is your old ntlworld address, and then the answer to your security question.

If you can successfully access your old account then  VM should be able to do a "Move and Transfer" so it becomes the email address on your new VM broadband account. Be aware that means any existing ones that you have just set up will be deleted.

If you cannot access the account, try sending an email to it and seeing if you get an error message back saying the email could not be delivered. That will mean the ntlworld account has been deleted and that is the end of the story.

I still use the email address for some log ins but would like to get the email address back.

By that I assume it is the username you have for those online accounts. Of course, once your online account is set up those organisations don't validate that the username is still a valid working email address. However, if the email address is no longer valid it means they will not be able to email you. That could cause you a lot of unnecessary aggravation. If you forget your password for that site example you'd be effectively locked out of the account. Worth bearing in mind. 😉

Coenoby

I am just another Virgin Media customer.
If someone posts a useful reply you can say thanks by clicking on the thumbs up sign in their post.
If someone posts a message that solves your problem it helps everyone if you mark their post as a Helpful Answer
Bauldy
Tuning in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Tried that thanks didn’t work 

0 Kudos
coenoby
Super solver
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

@Bauldy wrote:

Tried that thanks didn’t work 

If you cannot access the account in the VM Webmail service it looks as if account has been deleted by VM after you moved. If that is the case you've lost the account for good, it cannot be recreated.

On the other hand you could try sending  an email from your current email address to the old address and see if you get a  "bounce back" message delivery failure message. If you don't get a bounce back then the account may not have been fully deleted.

Coenoby

If someone posts a useful reply you can say thanks by clicking on the thumbs up sign in their post.
If someone posts a message that solves your problem it helps everyone if you mark their post as a Helpful Answer
Bauldy
Tuning in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Thanks

looks like I lost it for good .... thanks for your help

0 Kudos
coenoby
Super solver
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

@Bauldy wrote:

Thanks       -      looks like I lost it for good .... thanks for your help

No problem.Thanks for letting us know the outcome.

Coenoby

0 Kudos