Menu
Technoboots
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Old email seems to have disappeared

I've just tried to access my blueyonder email account and it seems to have disappeared. I've tried logging in through the site and even use forgotten password and it says unable to find your username. The last message I got was just after 11 this morning so ot has disappeared since then.

The email was set up on my fathers account years ago so I don't know the full account details and I am no longer in contact with him and haven't been for a few years.

I have a current broadband account of my own but never set up an email with it as I still had my blueyonder one to use.

I have many things which are linked to the blueyonder email and beibg unable to access it means I can't reset passwords etc if I forget them.

I am hoping it is possible for the email to be reactivated and associates with my current broadband account if possible.

0 Kudos
Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Old email seems to have disappeared

As the email address concerned was setup on your father's account he is the account holder.  The address is tied to his VM cable broadband account and is liable to be closed permanently 90 days after he ceases to be a VM broadband customer.

If you are not able to contact your father to check the situation then you are stuck.

The VM Forum Team staff will not be able to assist as you are not the account holder.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Sasha_W
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi @Technoboots

Thanks for posting this on here and sorry to hear that you're having some issues with your email. 

We can try our best to help you, but regrettably without DPA from your father, it might be a bit difficult to as we can only so far without DPA. 

What error message appears when you try to log in? 

Do you get any notifications when you receive an email? If so, have you had any notifications since not being able to access the email? 

Thanks 

Sasha - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Technoboots
Joining in
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Just trying to log in I get the message 'We didn't recognise the username or password you entered. Please try again.'

I tried using reset password but when I tried it I got the message 'Unable to find your username'. I have also tried multiple variations of my passwords with no result which is why my guess is it was deactivated.

I did try and send an email to it and it registered as sent but nothing else.

If it is completely gone I will have to cope, I've already been going through as many things as I can to change them to my second email, only issue I've had so far is Amazon which requires your password to change the email and it took me half an hour to remember it.

0 Kudos
John_GS
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi Technoboots

Thanks for coming back to us. 

We would need to speak to the account holder then I'm afraid. Apologies again for this.

Best,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

0 Kudos