Menu
JoshBarrass
Just joined
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Old email hacked and locked out

So I have an old @virginmmedia.com emial address that I haven't used in numerous years but have recently required to gain access to it. I also recently had a letter through the post informing me that the email had been compromised. I tried logging into the email but couldn't remeber the password nor the answer to my security question, after clicking "forgotten answer to security question" an email was sent to a gmail account which was not my own with a link to reset the password to my account. Assuming that this email was sent to the person who breached my account in the first place, they're either already in there or have a very eaay way in now. Is there any way I can get access to this account back provided that I can't remember the password nor secuirty answer (possiby been changed by whoever is in the account) or is this account just to be lost to whoever breached it?

Also if there is no way for me to gain access to the account is there anyway I can remove the account to limit any damage that may come from it being compromised?

Thanks

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Old email hacked and locked out

The Forum Team should be able to ensure this address is closed down completely to prevent further issues, provided it is not your primary username for your current Virgin Media Broadband account.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Lee_R
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Old email hacked and locked out

Hi JoshBarrass, thanks for posting and welcome to our community.

I am sorry your email address is causing you issues and inconvenience.  To look into this further I am going to send you a private message.  Please look out for the purple envelope in the top right of the screen.

Regards

Lee_R

0 Kudos