Menu
McSi
Tuning in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Old email address

Hi, I have an old '@virginmedia.com' email address that i would like access to again. Is this possible?

Thanks

0 Kudos
Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: Old email address

if you are still a VM customer and hte email is still active on the system maybe.
If you are not a customer or the email has already been deleted it can;t be recovered.
0 Kudos
McSi
Tuning in
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

I am still a customer, this email address was set up years ago when i first joined, have left and come back since with a new account and the old email address was still working up until about the end of Feb. Wasn't to much of an issue but i need to gain access again... I believe emails are still being sent but my password doesn't work any more...

0 Kudos
Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

the email should of been deleted 90 days after you left.
you can test if the address is still valid at https://mailtester.com/

if it is VM can move it to your current account (if security can still be passed) but this will replace all your current email addresses with the ones formt he old account
McSi
Tuning in
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

It's still a valid email address ..

0 Kudos
Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

then if you wait here a few days one of hte VM staff can do a move and transfer.
this will please all the accounts on your current account with the ones from the old one.

You won't be able to keep both. They will get to the thread ina few days and PM you for details to get it sent to IT to move the accounts

Zoie_P
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi McSi, 

Thanks for your post and welcome to our forums 🙂 

I can have a look into this for you, I will pop you over a private message, keep an eye out for the little envelope.

Thanks,

Zoie

0 Kudos