Menu
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 1 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Old email address

I have a virgin media email address which I can access and use to send and receive emails. I no longer have a password for the old account since I moved house 3 years ago. I want to send all of my existing emails and forward new ones to a gmail email address. How can I do this without a password. VM have said they will stop my account in 90 days and I will no longer be able to use it. Thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Re: Old email address

your email should have been deleted 90 days after you left. If you can't access it now you won't be able to. If you managed to forward it the address would stop working when VM delete the account.

You won't be able to keep using the address

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 3 of 10
Flag for a moderator

I can still use the address, I think it’s only because I rang up and finally got through to speak to someone that they realised I was still using it. They told me on the 05/01/20 that the account will be closed in 90 days. It’s still working now and I just want to transfer some important emails to my new gmail address before they close the account. I didn’t realise that I should have changed the email address when I left virgin media. Can I still do this. Thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 10
Flag for a moderator

VM will not help you regain access to the account if you are no longer a customer. you can try the forgotten password but if that doesn't work you are out of luck

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 5 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Thanks very much for your help. I will just have to send all my emails individually to the new email account. I started it on Sunday but it’s very laborious. At least I know to get on with it though. Thanks for your answers.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 6 of 10
Flag for a moderator

How are you accessing the account?  If you are using an email client such as Thunderbird then simply copy all your existing emails into offline folders.

Otherwise you could simply forward each email you want to keep to your new email address whilst you still have access to them.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Learn more

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 7 of 10
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

I am able to access them on my iPhone and iPad. I have just bought a new iPad and weren’t sure that they would all come across through iCloud so started thinking I should start a new email address. However, they all came across and email is still functioning as normal without needing the VM password.  My husbands also came across from an old VM address. It’s only when I rang them that they said it would stop in 90 days. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 8 of 10
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Would I need my virgin media password to open the thunderbird account. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 9 of 10
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Yes.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Learn more

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 10 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Oh dear, that’s me done then. Better just start sending them over individually while I still have time, thanks 

0 Kudos